Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ben's First Day of School!

I can't believe my Bennie is old enough for Kindergarten! I really think that Kindergarten is going to be great for him. I hope he gains confidence in himself. I know he is a good, sweet boy and I hope everyone at Mt. Vernon can see that as well. We all got up this morning to take him for his first day. It was kinda crazy there! Cars were parked everywhere; traffic was backed up. The Kindergarten students were to meet in the gym before school started, then, instead of the parents leaving the kids at school, the kids left us in the gym. I'm not sure if it really cuts down on trauma or not, but it sure ruined the photos I had in my head. I ended up forgetting the camera in the car, and that was okay. I don't think I missed "the shot" in the crowded gym. A very quick picture before we left this morning at about 7:10 a.m. This is REALLY early for me to be awake and talking to people....Ben on the other hand seemed happy to be up and moving. He is our early bird of the family (other than Brent, and he isn't an early bird by choice). After a full day at school, Ben rode the bus home with a friend that lives in the school district, so that we don't have to sit in carpool for an hour. It is a win, win situation. Ben loves to ride the bus and I love not sitting in the car. Here comes the big cheese!

First Day of School
First Day of School
First Day of School
First Day of School

     The official first day of school was on Friday. Then Monday kicked off the regular school week. I just can't believe that this is another first crossed off of the list. What is next? He has 5 loose teeth, so one of those is bound to come out eventually. After that? Driving? I hope he doesn't still hang his head out the window looking at the back tires when he has a real car to drive :) Because I didn't feel like I got any real keepers from earlier today, I took Ben out after dinner to take a few more pictures of my big guy on his first day of school. He has the sarcastic "Are we done yet?" face down pat. And I had to chase him for 15 minutes in return for posing for a few pictures. I'm definitely faster, but he has the better endurance, for sure! 
First Day of School
First Day of School
First Day of School
First Day of School
First Day of School
First Day of School
First Day of School
First Day of School
First Day of School
 

2 comments:

Megan August 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM  

Laurie!! He has grown up so much this summer <3 Congrats on making it through the first day of Kindergarten, Mama :)

whippetmom August 16, 2012 at 4:23 PM  

awww. We decided to keep Gavin out of school for another year since his birthday is June. He's going to preschool but I'm so not ready for kindergarten!! Love these- and his "Moooooooom" face.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP