Thursday, July 12, 2012

Homemade Bubbles!!!!

At the beginning of the summer, Ben helped me make a "Summer Bucket List". Recently, it struck me that we are running out of Summer! School begins on August 10 and is going to ROCK my world...and not in a good way! 

Today had been pretty rainy most of the day, so this was a good day to make bubbles. WE bought all of the ingredients the other day at Wal-mart (blech!). The concoction calls for curing for 24 hours, so hopefully it will be ready enough by tomorrow afternoon to give it a whirl. 

There are a million different recipes on Pinterest, but I read through a bunch and then just made my own. Hopefully it will work! 

2 Cups of Water (Some of the recipes called for distilled water, I used tap)
2 oz Glycerin (much cheaper at Wal-mart)
2 oz Dawn liquid dishwashing soap (I used concentrate) 

So, I let the kids pour the ingredients into the jar and stir gently. It is now "curing" overnight in the kitchen!

Homemade Bubbles

Homemade Bubbles Homemade Bubbles Homemade Bubbles

3 comments:

karren July 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM  

How cute are these! I hope to see the bubbles tomorrow. I had to laugh about the walmart comment. Me too.

Tracy July 12, 2012 at 11:53 PM  

Cute!! Just may have to try this ;)

whippetmom July 13, 2012 at 10:37 PM  

Ours worked really well, but I didn't have the patience to let it cure ;)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP