Monday, April 30, 2012

Workshop is Over!

Hopefully my kitchen will be a little cleaner now. The house has definitely suffered. Between the class and my new "workout regime", I have fallen farther behind than the usual "behind" in my housework. Tonight I ran for 25 minutes, though! Whoohooo! May not sound like much to those more experienced runners, but for me, that is my personal record. Between warm up/run/cool down, I did the distance of a 5K and all without thinking I would absolutely die.

Here is a picture of my Bray Bray. He is grabbing a blood orange off of the table. I bought these just to photograph! They taste pretty good though. Kinda like fruit punch. Like an orange, but tangy. And this one, I was totally trying to reproduce an image that Sarah Wilkerson has in her portfolio. For some reason, that image just struck me! I have big plans to cover a wall in my home with images of inanimate things, and I really wanted to try my hand at something like this. I don't even like pears (or the sound of someone who shall remain nameless chewing them), but Sarah's image is the most beautiful pear I have ever seen. Here is Lonely, by Sarah Wilkerson. I like her light fall off a lot better than mine. Mine was taken by window light, where hers was taken by ambient light in darkness.
  FruitFruit 

And little man stealing fruit. Good thing I was done with it already. :)
  Fruit

3 comments:

Melissa May 1, 2012 at 8:55 AM  

Congrats on the completion of the class!!! Now it's time to relax! Love the shots and I think you did a fabulous job recreating Sarah's photo!

Valeria May 2, 2012 at 11:12 PM  

Wow!! I love this light.

karren May 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM  

I love the light in these and the preceeding b/w. I bet you learned a lot, to add to your arsenol of knowledge. Your work is beautiful.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP