Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bumblebees!

Whoohoo! I've been trying to get an in focus shot of a bumble bee for TWO years! These still aren't exactly what I have in mind, but maybe this will be my year...it was a failed goal for last year. I'm manually focusing with the macro a lot more these days and I think that is really helpful when shooting a moving target with that lens. Otherwise, it just focuses way too slow. So, here are a couple of this little guy.

Bumblebees

Bumblebees

And if you know me, you  know that bugs and bees don't scare me. I'll catch just about anything (with my bare hands) for the kids to examine. Ben loves it, Delia, not so much, Bray, to be determined. This is a carpenter bee. The ones with white dots on their heads are male and don't have a stinger. Totally safe to catch if you don't mind them buzzing around in your hand. And it is fun just to freak out the kids occasionally with one. Yep, I'm really that mean.

7 comments:

Tracy March 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM  

AWESOME!!! I am so happy to captured this this year!! I would so love to get a photo that in focus of any flying insect :) Beautiful Laurie!!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography March 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM  

Perfect captures ... congratulations.

Barb March 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM  

Great job Laurie! I just love these!

Yvette March 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM  

I would freak out if I saw you catch a bee!! Most excellent shots!!

Megan March 21, 2012 at 5:26 PM  

These are fantastic! The light in that last one is incredible and I love your comp. Hmm... what do you have in mind to beat these??

Courtney March 24, 2012 at 2:10 AM  

These are amazing! I may need to try my hand at some bee photography :O)

Shannon Bromenschenkel March 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM  

These are amazing images!!!! You aren't mean! You are just a momma who love to have fun!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP