Thursday, February 2, 2012

Things I Love February-Day 2-MOPS

Today was our monthly MOPS meeting. If you are a mother of a preschooler, then MOPS is an awesome support group. Of course the people are what makes it so special. Most of my best friends (except, uh-hummm, you know who you are ;)) are members. One thing that I expect out of my friends is truth. These ladies are real. They share their praises and downfalls. No one pretends to be the perfect mom of the perfect kids at our meetings. And that means the world to me. I look forward to our meetings all month long. We joke about having more babies just so we can stay in MOPS forever. Each kid buys you 5 years! So, there you have it. MOPS is something I love!

Things I Love
And today was our "Favorite Things" party. Our fearless leader is awesome for her meeting ideas! It was so much fun! There were 16 people at the meeting. Everyone brought 5 (of the same thing) of their "favorite thing" to share under $5. We went around the room explaining what we brought and why it is our favorite thing. I brought Shea Infused Lounge Socks, I cheated on the price a bit, but if you have a coupon, it can be less than $5. A friend gave me a pair at our birthday club a couple of years ago and I still love them! I hate to wear shoes in the house, but want warm feet, and these are so soft and comfy. And here is a picture of 5 things that I came home with in exchange for my "lounge socks"!
Things I Love

1. Meyers Clean Day Dish Soap- I have never tried this, but I am with the chick that brought it. I like it already just for the packaging!  ;)
2. Method Hand Soap- Environmentally friendly products
3. Clinique Lipstick
4. Chapstick Chapstick  (one of the kids will steal this from me, for sure!) & Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (these two items were both faves from the same person.
5. Colgate Wisp-  disposable tooth brush/breath freshener for on the go.

5 comments:

Carrie February 2, 2012 at 10:23 PM  

Sounds like I need to find a MOPS group too! None of my close friends have kids:( cute picture

whippetmom February 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM  

Aww I love MOPS. My MOPS group that I just left is fabulous, I'm nervous to start at our new one. Sounds like yours is fab! (And what a fun idea for a meeting!)

Courtney February 3, 2012 at 7:18 AM  

I love that you took socks to MOPS! ha ha!!!! You are so funny!! I think I am going to join MOPS when we move. I do love Meyers :O)

Melissa February 3, 2012 at 10:22 PM  

I always buy method hand soap and those magic erasers are amazing!!! Got a crayon creation off my wall from miss Adalyn. ;) I think need to look into MOPS. Everyone seems to love it and I'm such a hermit. hehe

Amanda Norton February 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM  

:((( This sounds fun. I love your picture too. The heart with blurred background!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP