Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Things I Love-Day 7- The Crock Pot

I am not a cook. I hate cooking. I don't live for the next meal...well, unless it is chocolate pie. I don't like to clean up after cooking. And if it calls for more than one pan or more than 5 ingredients, count me out (unless it is chocolate pie). Around 5 o'clock is witching hour at our house, which unfortunately correlates to dinner prep time, which adds to the many reasons why I'm not fond of cooking. Then, recently, something magical happened. Brent can make all of the fun that he wants, but there is at least one good thing (for him) that has come out of Pinterest....my LOVE of the Crock Pot (or West Bend Crockery in our case). I have made a bunch of recipes that I have pinned and we love them all. There is actually one that all of the kids actually love. Tonight I'm cooking crock pot chicken and rice. The only bad thing about this recipe is that the rice cooks separately. But how hard is rice. Can't believe a cooking item made the first week, but I love the Crock Pot!

Love my Crock Pot!

Here are a few of my favorite Crock Pot recipes from Pinterest:
Crock Pot Chicken & Rice (What's for dinner tonight)
Cilantro Lime Chicken (This is a hit with the kids, shredded and made into a quesadilla)
Baked Potato Soup
Spagetti & Chicken

Another Slow Cooker tip: 2 hours on LOW= 1 hour on HIGH.

I like cooking on high so that I can put it all together at quiet time (around 1 or 2 pm) and it will be ready by 6 pm.

5 comments:

karren February 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM  

It's making me hungry reading abut thee yummy recipes. I need to try some of the things I save on Pinterest.

Barb February 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM  

I love my crockpot too! It makes cooking dinner so much easier and keeps me from wanting to eat out all the time!

Melissa February 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM  

Mmm...I'm gonna have to try that chicken and rice! Oh, and the baked potato soup! ha!

Amy February 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM  

I am totally with you on the dislike for cooking and the love of chocolate pie. And I do love my crock pot. Used it yesterday to make chicken fajitas. Yum!

Megan February 9, 2012 at 8:25 PM  

I keep telling myself I need to pull out the crockpot. I really do...

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP