Thursday, January 26, 2012

Maui Day Two-The Road to Hana-Part 4

And the final stretch of the Road to Hana! There are some beach pictures today. Probably my second favorite spots of the day. But I think they were all my favorite stops. And of course I had forgotten to upload a bunch of pictures I had taken at home before our trip....and then ran out of space on my card (I only had one)...so had to delete the ones I didn't need and switch to JPEG. So, there are not any pictures of actual Hana...but the this post is about the ROAD to Hana anyway. On the way back to the hotel, we stopped to buy another one.

Nahiku-It was so pretty here. I had forgotten that this was one of our favorite stops too. The waves were really crashing and of course I enjoyed climbing all over the rocks. Good time!

Maui- Road to Hana

So much foam!

Maui- Road to Hana

I think this was from the car on the way to the next stop off. I loved these trees. They look like a cross between a palm tree and a pine tree. I would love to be a cow in this pasture.
Maui- Road to Hana

Wai'anapanapa Black Sand Beach-Eventually the black sands will wash away over the course of a few hundred to a few thousand years because the source, the lava, stops flowing. It looks really strange, but beautiful.

The trees were beautiful on the way there:
Maui- Road to Hana

Maui- Road to Hana

Maui- Road to Hana

Maui- Road to Hana

Maui- Road to Hana

Maui- Road to Hana

And last, but not least, the red sand beach near Hana Pier (in Hana!). We have arrived!
Maui- Road to Hana

Maui- Road to Hana

Maui- Road to Hana

And this is how we got there. Brent practically slid the way down and I ended up almost face planting it into the sand. Don't worry though, camera was protected! And we found a different way out. :)
Maui- Road to Hana

In the next couple of days, I'll post the Rainbow Eucalyptus (amazing tree!) and our whale watching sunset cruise which will be the

5 comments:

Valeria January 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM  

Nice images and lots to explore. Have fun

Tracy January 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM  

Loved all of your photos from your vacation! What a wonderful get away for your husband and you. I ended up purchasing the Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8! I am going to try it out. I think I will really like it for inside shots since I always seem to be trying to stand up really high with my 35mm. There was a $40 rebate, plus it was already $40 off. Here is the website if you are interested...
http://www.adorama.com/TN1116EOS.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid62905

Loved all your landscape shots!!

Amy January 27, 2012 at 1:15 PM  

These are beautiful!

Courtney January 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM  

You are KILLING me with these photos!! We went to Maui on our honeymoon and stayed in Hana. The Hana Highway is where I thought we would die :O) I love seeing all these photos! You captured it so beautifully! I want to go back! Thanks a lot!

Megan January 28, 2012 at 1:37 AM  

Your descriptions make me giggle :) I wish we had a picture of the descent down that HILL!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP