Saturday, December 31, 2011

365/365

Happy New Year!!!!

365/365...wow. I can't believe another year has passed! It has been a crazy year. Ups, downs, run arounds. Definitely not a year I would like to repeat, but I'm thankful to have been given the opportunity to live it and grow as a person, learn about myself and what is most important to me.

I have loved watching my kids grow. I am soooo happy some stages are behind us....we lived through D's tantrums, Bray's late night feedings, Ben's wishy washiness, yes I want that, no I don't, but I do! Ugh! I hope Delia doesn't go through that one at 4ish 5ish years old! What challenges will they throw at us this coming year? I'm not sure. I know it will only get more challenging with the three of them and their differing personalities, but whatever it is, we can handle it.

I plan to make a few resolutions this coming year.

1. Stop procrastinating. It will be tough to kill a habit that is as old as I am (25). :)
2. Get up before my kids are up. This is going to be a really, really, tough one for me. I count on them to wake me no earlier than 7, and lately Ben has been getting up at 8, Delia between 8 and 8:30 and Bray at 9! When school is back in, I'm sure Ben will be waking up at 7ish again. I know the day will go smoother with a head start. I just hope it is worth the losing the extra 30 minutes of sleep. I'll start on Monday :)
3. Get organized and stay organized! Those that have been with me for the past two years know that this is something I really struggle with and tend to beat myself up about most. I think I can, I think I can,...

I have some exciting plans in 2012 and I can't wait to get started with them!

And even though I do not plan on continuing a 365, I do plan on picking up my camera almost daily, but now I can do it because I WANT to and not always because I HAVE to! It has just become an extension of my arm at this point. I would like to take a class this year at some point. Now that I have my new 50mm, I can start saving for some education now. Can't wait!
1. Light, light, and more light.
2. More on composition.
3. Sign onto CM's more often. I know that will get me back into the mood of learning and challenging myself...I just haven't had time for it this year. Life has gotten in the way of a lot of things.
4. And if she still needs me....I hope to be a monthly contributor over at Click it Up a Notch. Sorry Courtney, I should have told you sooner, but I'm such the procrastinator.....that sounds much better than just lazy, right?

And last but definitely not least, the picture of the day!
Look who is WALKING!!! He took his first steps all of his own accord on December 23rd with the record of the evening being 17 steps, and only a week later, I would say that he is walking almost as much as he is crawling. He starts out walking and if he loses balance, he gracefully falls and starts crawling. Just this evening he has been walking from room to room. He is feeling a lot more confident. I'm so proud of him. This little guy has scared us all year with his little "spasms" and then worried us further by crawling and pulling up later than "normal", but he has outgrown the "spasms" and has quickly caught up with his gross motor skills too. What a little tease.

365/365
Bray Walking
Bray Walking
Bray Walking

10 comments:

whippetmom December 31, 2011 at 10:13 PM  

Our resolutions are very much the same!! :) I can't believe Bray is walking!! Love these shots! I hope you blog still- I'm not sure I want to do a 365 again, but I need to do something to keep shooting!! :) I've loved watching/getting to know your family these past 2 years! So I hope we can still keep up somehow! :)

Courtney January 1, 2012 at 1:57 AM  

These are great goals! I'm the queen of procrastination!! Maybe we can nag each other! OF COURSE I still need and would love for you to be a contributor! Whoo hoo!! I have LOVED getting to know you and your sweet kids over the past two years! I can't believe Bray is walking! That seems like the perfect end to your 365s!! I love it!!

Amy January 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM  

Wow, can't believe he's walking. It's been great watching him grow this year.

Amanda Norton January 1, 2012 at 7:32 PM  

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slow down Bray! Congratulations though... I can't believe he is walking. Great pictures.

I am also a procrastination queen and also want to get organized. I actually started last week will all of my cabinets, drawers and pantry! Good luck girl

karren January 1, 2012 at 10:34 PM  

I love the pics of Bray with the backlight and his shadow. I will miss your 365. I have loved watching your children grow up on the blog these past two years. You have always been an inspiration to me. Happy New Year!

Kristin January 4, 2012 at 11:53 AM  

Congrats on finishing your 365! Woo Hoo, yay, we did it! I really enjoyed following you this year and watching your kids grow and to hear your struggles and know I wasn't alone in the world with some of my thoughts. You are so real and that's what I love about you. Some people just want to paint a pretty picture, but you always have a fabulous way of just presenting it like it is, and I love that. Reading your resolutions and thoughts about the past and new year are like reading my mind...we are very much in the same place. I too am not going to continue this year and want to spend my time learning more and spending less time on the computer, but I look forward to checking in when you do post and seeing what fabulous images you take with that new lens. I can't believe you shoot with a 1.8....oh my, your photos with the 1.4 are going to be even more amazing...wow. Wishing you the best of everything in the new year!

Candy Treml January 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM  

It's been fun following your pictures this year! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to "seeing" you over at Click It Up A Notch!

Megan January 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM  

Brayden!!! Look at him go! Congrats on finishing the 365. I'm glad that I'll get to see you posting over at CIUAN and hopefully still over here once in awhile, too :) Happy New Year, Laurie <3

Valeria January 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM  

Happy New Year !!! How cute is the little man walking... you have great memories on your 365.
I cannot wait to see what is next.

Jennifer March 17, 2012 at 4:56 PM  

Hi! I just found your blog today, thanks to Click it Up a Notch. I adore your pictures. They're so in the moment. I plan on visiting often! Take care.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP