Saturday, October 29, 2011

302/365

Tonight was our neighborhood party and Trick or Treating. Every year, the party planners seem to outdo themselves. This year there was a huge bounce house, crafts, candy (as if they need any more candy on this day), cookies, cake, and trick or treat buckets with goodies, and a cotton candy machine, yum! Later there was a costume contest (D won two years ago!, but we skipped this year).

I had to run out and get a few last minute items to complete the kids costumes, so I didn't get them dressed until the light was gone :( I hope to get pictures soon of the three of them together. I'm thinking, "Good luck with that!" but I'll attempt it anyway.

Here is Bray. It was really dark at this point, right before we started trick or treating. The kids had a blast going door to door. I love the way D was saying "Trick or Treat" really matter of fact.

302/365
Ben is a bat. This costume is home made. My mom helped me sew the wings onto the shirt. I kind of felt sorry for him. It looks a little pitiful next to all of the store bought ones, but he wanted to be a bat, so I wanted for him to be a bat. And Ben liked his costume, and that is all that mattered.
Halloween 2011
Halloween 2011
And Delia is a witch. Not any more so on this day than others ;) I made her costume too. Super simple to make the tutu. I plan on making another one for her to play in that is girly colors. We borrowed the hat from a friend and bought the tights, and shirt, and got some more black sparkle shoes from Target again this year. I painted her nails orange with black crackle nail polish. That stuff is cool! We may need to get it in more colors. And I put some make up on for her since she is always begging me to put make-up on her. The mascara is a bit clumpy as you can see. I need to get some more.
Halloween 2011
Halloween 2011
And two more of them in action. We are so fortunate to have some really great neighbors.
Halloween 2011
Halloween 2011

5 comments:

Tracy October 30, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

Oh goodness...look at all that cuteness! I love these. What fun things to be for halloween!! I think the bat costume looks great!! I bet he loves it! The little spider is too cute. LOVE the witch costume! And again, I LOVE your processing!!!

whippetmom October 30, 2011 at 10:54 PM  

HOW fun! Love these- You inspire me for tomorrow night, except we live on base and the houses are not so prettily lit up and all of that. I adore Ben's costume. Seriously. Gavin would love it too!

Amanda Norton November 1, 2011 at 10:39 PM  

Love these pictures! Great job on the costumes!!

Tracy November 1, 2011 at 10:43 PM  

Had to comment again because I just saw your last two photos! Amazing!!! Love them :)

Megan November 2, 2011 at 11:32 PM  

Cute bunch you have there :)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP