Friday, October 28, 2011

301/365

Today started out horrible. I feel like the most incompetent mom on the planet, or at least right above those crack addict mommas....this morning I was getting the kids ready for school and was upstairs with D and Bray while Ben was eating breakfast. When Ben finished, he came upstairs and asked me to open the gate. I did, and turned around and started back to work on Delia. About a minute later, I hear the worst sound ever...Bray rolling down the stairs. It was horrible. He cried for a few minutes and I had a chance to check him out and he appeared fine. To be safe, we went to the ER after dropping the big kids off at school. All they did was the same thing I had already done and sent us home. What a relief. He has a couple of small bruises but is otherwise acting normal and is happy.

Ben was sitting at the kitchen bar this afternoon drawing. He absolutely loves to write and draw these days. Anyway, he turns his head and I can see him drawing on himself. He turns around and says, "Look at my mustache!". It was actually a pretty good one drawn blind! It is hard to see in this picture, but it is there.

And tonight was "Parent's Night Out" at church. Our friends canceled dinner with Brent and me, so I decided to go shopping with a friend without him and let him get some work done before the busy weekend. I had forgotten how much fun shopping can be with a good friend and without the kids! And we totally scored at a sale. Icing on the cake!

301/365

5 comments:

whippetmom October 30, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

lol at that face. And so glad Bray is okay! I'm terrified Owen is going to do that before we move out of this house. We are always forgetting the gate and he's so adventurous and always following the big kids around.

Tracy October 31, 2011 at 1:56 AM  

If it makes you feel any better, my middle son ended up rolling down our stairs twice during hi crawling stage....I felt horrible as well. It all happens so quickly. Your a great mama taking care of her little ones! It gets busy when we have three littles in need of our help. I love the mustache!

Kristin October 31, 2011 at 1:40 PM  

How scary but glad it all turned out well. Love the picture of Ben, it totally made me LOL!

Barb October 31, 2011 at 9:56 PM  

Laurie, you are such a good mom! I understand why you feel so badly, but it can happen to anyone! I think most of us have had those moments as a mom before. So glad Bray is fine!

Megan November 2, 2011 at 11:35 PM  

Aww. Little guy. G took some tumbles halfway down the stairs before he was ready to start climbing them. Now he is super careful on stairs... even though he is a reckless monster about everything else. Maybe B will have the same caution :) You're still a good Mama. For sure.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP