Wednesday, September 14, 2011

257/365

Well, today I thought I would share my thoughts on how I am really getting myself motivated every day to get my life and house in order. I'm feeling really good about my house, myself, my family, and life in general these days, and I wanted to share how it all started.

Recently I was reading 31 Days to Clean where on Day 6, the author tells a story called The Six List. It is about prioritizing and making lists. Up until then, I had mental lists of "things to do" but knowing that the lists were a mile long, I felt paralyzed by the enormity of everything that I knew needed to be done. So, instead of tackling anything of that mental list, I did nothing, which made me feel like a big loser day after day, and so the cycle repeated itself. So after reading that chapter, I started making my own Six List. And guess what! It is awesome! I bought a cute little notebook and everything, and then few days ago, a friend suggested an app called Teux Deux, which I love. It can sync your "To Do" list from your computer or iPad to your iPhone and you can take it with you wherever! And the best part, you still get to cross off the items on the list. Whatever is left over moves over to the next day automatically, where you can rank it again in order, or delete if needed. The free time I have now is guilt free and I have found myself enjoying the kids more, which in turn makes them happy, which makes me happy, and hopefully this will be a new kind of cycle that will continue.

257/365

6 comments:

karren September 14, 2011 at 6:47 PM  

What a great system. I do that same thing where I will make up this impossible list and then beat myself up when I don't get it all done. I believe I will try your new system and see if it saves my sanity.

Mrs. Fun September 14, 2011 at 7:04 PM  

I love this idea. I need to start being more organized :) I am going to check it out.

whippetmom September 15, 2011 at 12:05 AM  

I need to do this. SO so so bad. When we get back home I'm totally trying it out. I have to do something or I'm going to lose my mind!

Amy September 15, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

I love this idea too. I was just sitting here thinking I need to start making lists and getting organized, because I can never seem to get anything done.

Y September 15, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

I have been using TeuxDeux for a while now ... simply cannot live without it at this point! Isn't it the best little app around?

Kristin September 17, 2011 at 2:50 AM  

Great idea...now I really want an I phone!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP