Saturday, September 10, 2011

253/365

We had a busy day today. Well, all of us except for Bray, who didn't even get out of his pajamas. We went to a our friends' birthday party, which was absolutely adorable. Every detail from the "Hotdiggity Dogs" to the Mickey Mouse "Clubs" were covered.

I finished up the wine cork board for the kitchen today too. I am pleased with how it turned out. It was a fun project! I used this tutorial as a guide.

Here are the supplies that I used. I cut the corks in half longways with the green handled things (Ronan Multi Cutter), thanks Jess for helping me track those down! I did get them on clearance from QVC. Random....anyway, the tool was my biggest expense for the project, but I think it will come in handy for a lot of things. I painted the frame (that I already had)...twice. The yellow I had picked looked hideous, so I ended up with the less bold oil rubbed bronze spray paint. Then I glued the corks on the backing of the frame. I used the heavy book (thanks Wong!) to hold the corks down while the glue set. Easy, peasy. I did switch over to hot glue because I was too impatient to wait on the wood glue to dry and the corks kept moving around...I think in all I spent around $32 (but after I use the left over corks and the cutters again for my next project, I can spread the cost between the two projects). Still, much less than the one from Ballard Design that I had my eye on, and this one is the perfect size for the space I have in mind!

Cork Board Supplies

And the finished project. Now I just need to hang it!
253/365
Finished!

And one of Hollywood Delia. The girl is something! She keeps me laughing. She looked so cute in her sunglasses earlier, that I had to recreate the moment to get a picture. I just love this little chick!
Hollywood D

8 comments:

Barb September 10, 2011 at 10:05 PM  

The corkboard looks great! And D is super cute in her shades!

whippetmom September 10, 2011 at 10:58 PM  

cute!! Love the cork frame and Miss D is adorable!

karren September 10, 2011 at 11:17 PM  

I had been wondering what you ere doing with those corks! I like the DOF in that last photo of them. Delia looks adorable as usual!

Kalyan September 10, 2011 at 11:31 PM  

simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!

Amanda Norton September 11, 2011 at 4:03 PM  

Haha,you noticed the Hotdiggity dogs :))
I LOVE the corkboard, I think I want to do that will all my corks.
Very cute pic of D too :)

Valeria September 12, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

What a great project and looks wonderful. That gives me an idea for my cork collection.
Delia is really cute.

Kristin September 13, 2011 at 12:38 AM  

Great idea to put all your leftover corks to good use. My BIL and SIL drink a lot of wine; I should ask them for their corks and make this for them for xmas or something, and I like yours better than the one on the tutorial you linked to. That last picture of D is adorable. I love her eyes and rosy cheeks from the sunglass reflection.

Amy September 13, 2011 at 8:42 AM  

Okay, that cork board is very cool. I really like it. And D is adorable!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP