Thursday, September 8, 2011

251/365

So, now that I finally feel like I'm getting a handle on this house, I wanted to share pictures (before I lose my handle!). This is the after for the Great Room/Living Room, whatever you want to call it. I still need to get curtains and pillows to bring more color into the room, but that's not a biggie. And I want to replace the rug (it sheds, a LOT, and thanks to Herschie's antics, it is not so perfect anymore). Right now, there are bigger fish to fry...like the dining room.

251/365
Great Room After
Here is the "after" from decluttering the dining room. I have big plans for this room. I wish I had been hoarding $20 bills instead of scrapbook paper all of this time. And I am running out of items to put on Craig's List. Is there anyone that actually enjoys the art of scrapbooking, or is everyone else like me and just likes the idea a lot better?
Declutter DR

9 comments:

karren September 8, 2011 at 7:37 PM  

Oh my, your words speak to my soul...and sting a little. I just cleared a ton of scrapbook paper and tools and embellishments from my computer/work/play room. I want to re-do it as a play room only. The scrap things found a new place in a storage area until I can let loose of it. Why is it so hard? Your home looks beautiful!

Barb September 8, 2011 at 11:12 PM  

I love the color on the shelves! You did an amazing job!!!!

Shannon Joy September 9, 2011 at 12:30 AM  

I hear you about the scrapbook paper!!! LOL!!! I could probably own a small island if I wouldn't have purchased all of that scrapbooking stuff. Anyway... your house is BEAUTIFUL!!! It's so nice to "see" you again :). Still doing my 365 at www.shannonjoy.com :)

darolyn September 9, 2011 at 12:54 AM  

LOVE!!!! I especially love the color in the bookcases! And the picture wall up the stairs...OH MY!!!! So great!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography September 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

Wow, what a fabulous house. I love the colors and you're a great decorator. Have a good weekend.

Amy September 9, 2011 at 1:18 PM  

Your house is beautiful! Love the wall of photos up the stairs.

Amanda Norton September 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM  

You're so talented and creative!! Love everything you've done!! Can't wait to see what you come up with in DR.

Megan September 9, 2011 at 8:56 PM  

The great room looks awesome and I adore that rug in the dining room! I'm a reformed scrapbook hoarder. Well... I still have a large box or two of supplies, but I no longer purchase more. That's a good step, right? lol

Kristin September 10, 2011 at 3:16 AM  

Wow, can you come help me with my house! I love what you've done and can't wait to see more. I might copy your photos up the stairs arrangement because I really need a place to put some of all these photos I take! Have you ever seen the sign's made out of scrapbook paper? It might be a good way to use some of what you have lying around:

http://thepleatedpoppy.com/2009/09/family-rules-canvas/

Either that or send some to me so I can make one :o)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP