Sunday, August 21, 2011

233/365

Brent and I survived our first day of teaching Sunday School to a bunch of 3 year olds. TWELVE of them. I'm not sure they learned anything!

Afterward, we went to my parent's house. I'm working on another home project. My cork project has come to a screeching halt before it even got started. I need to buy a tool that can cut corks without ruining the corks or my fingers, and of course they don't sell them around here. So, now I'm onto another project. After four years of living here in G'ville, I'm ready to make this house a home. And that includes all of the personal touches. So, today I took pictures of some old photos from my side of the family that I want to put in jars to decorate the bookshelf (Nan do you have any old pictures?). Here is a link to Pinterest where I have pinned the idea onto one of my many, many boards....
This is a picture of my Granny with her mother (my Great Granny, whom I never knew). This photo is over 80 years old.

233/365

5 comments:

Courtney August 22, 2011 at 5:02 AM  

I've seen those bottles and LOVE the idea! I love even more that you are using old (seriously) old photos :O) I can't wait to see the finished product! I'm glad after 4 years you are making your house a home. It's about time! he he

Carrie August 22, 2011 at 7:31 AM  

What a cool idea! Such an awesome photo. It doesn't even look like you took a picture of it, but like the real deal. For a bit I though you had some people dress up and you took their pic and antiqued it. LOL.

Kristin August 23, 2011 at 12:00 AM  

Great idea and that is an awesome photo! What a treasure.

karren August 23, 2011 at 1:45 AM  

Have fun with your project, and please let us see it when it is accomplished! Cool old photograph!

Amy August 25, 2011 at 1:19 PM  

Very cool idea!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP