Monday, July 18, 2011

199/365

This is one of my FAVORITE pies. It is definitely one I remember well growing up and it is super easy to make. Less than 10 minutes to make it. The best thing about it is Brent doesn't like it (can't combine fruit and desert!!!) so I get to eat it all by myself if I can steal D's favorite line. Yum!

199/365

And if anyone is interested....

Ingredients:
1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
1 can (300 mL) Regular or Low Fat Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup (75 mL) lemon juice
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
1 (9”/23 cm) prepared graham cracker crust or baked pastry shell
1 can (19 oz/540 mL) cherry pie filling, chilled (I like Comstock)

Preparation:
1. Beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in Eagle Brand until well combined. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
2. Pour into prepared crust. Chill 3 hours or until set.
3. Top with desired amount of pie filling before serving. Garnish with grilled almonds, or as desired.

4 comments:

Megan July 19, 2011 at 8:19 PM  

Mmm... I love cherry pie! I'm currently working on a blueberry plum crisp for after dinner this evening and had been planning to photograph it too :)

Valeria July 19, 2011 at 8:33 PM  

Oh my. I really need that

Amy July 19, 2011 at 9:48 PM  

Oh yummy!

Courtney July 22, 2011 at 9:30 AM  

That pie looks yummy (if I liked pies) I can see why your fridge is calling for you to eat it :O)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP