Sunday, July 17, 2011

198/365

Anyone else love Nate Berkus??? I wish he would move to Gainesville and be my BFF. I haven't caught his show yet (it is set up to Tivo now!), but I loved him on Oprah. One thing that he a spoke about was decorating with meaning and purpose. He recommends buying things you absolutely LOVE and use items that are meaningful to you to decorate with. Other than the Nikon laying on the counter 90% of the time, I don't think anyone would realize how much joy I get from taking pictures by looking around my house. Especially due to the hanging empty frames!!! Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, I "won" a lot of vintage cameras on Ebay. One is fabulous. One is pretty cool. Two make great toys for the kids, the others are crap and will be taking up space in a thrift shop soon. Delia saw one of the tiny ones and wanted to play today. Here is my little protege. Don't tell the kids they are getting "real" cameras for Christmas! I can't wait!

198/365
And a few more.
Vintage Camera

Vintage Camera

Vintage Camera

Vintage Camera

9 comments:

Tracy July 17, 2011 at 11:28 PM  

Yay for cameras. These are super cute as well. I am always on the look out for vintage ones as well. Ebay could be scary for me (or my husband) if I looked on there...I've been resisting.

whippetmom July 18, 2011 at 12:40 AM  

So fun! I have one vintage camera- that I need to take pictures of the kids playing with. Thanks for the reminder!

Misty July 18, 2011 at 3:25 AM  

These are great!

Kristin July 19, 2011 at 3:28 AM  

I saw some pics with vintage camera's the other day and have been watching lots on Ebay so I'm having a little camera envy here. I can't wait to get a few to shoot some some fun pics like these. BTW, I love Nate too. He wrote a great article in O Magazine about decorating and incorporating old with new, and I too love his concept of decorating with purpose...it's so refreshing to know it's OK to live with what you love and not what everyone else thinks you should have.

Megan July 19, 2011 at 8:22 PM  

I really like Nate Berkus too. His philosophy of decorating with things you love makes so much sense. I try to think about that any time I pick up an item in the store "Do I REALLY love it?" hehe

Valeria July 19, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

They look so much fun

Amy July 19, 2011 at 9:50 PM  

Love these! Matthew and I would both love to find some cool vintage cameras.

Sara July 20, 2011 at 6:30 AM  

Oh these shots are just precious! Love them. Love Nate too, I bought his Home Rules book.

Sarah P. July 20, 2011 at 2:57 PM  

I LOVE these shots. There is something so amazing about seeing your kids take interest in your hobby.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP