Thursday, July 7, 2011

188/365

Okay. Today was one of those days where there wasn't a minute to spare. I was busy all morning taking pictures of items to post on CL and going through my enormous rubbermaid container of donations. Then made a last minute trip to the mall to get some curtains for the bedroom. I have never seen Brent so excited about curtains! And time sure flies when you are having fun!

Over the weekend, I caught a little bit of "Hoarders" on TV and I am once again motivated to get my house decluttered. I promise there are no dead cats anywhere and we don't have a habit of pooping in plastic bags and hiding them in the closet (these people have some serious issues), but enough is enough. I have let this place go far too long. So, to put it all out there and motivate myself to get it cleaned up, here is my dining room. Please pardon the dining room furniture. I loath it. It is on the mile long list of things I want to replace from the "what was I thinking?" era of my life. I took one trip to donate some things today. The problem is, I want $ for my crap stuff, so it may take a bit to liquidate our belongings. Most of it is baby things, so it should be pretty easy to get rid of.

188/365

9 comments:

Amanda Norton July 7, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

How funny, i love this. I'm wondering what is in the bag.. And the table and chairs are not bad, but it does have me wondering if what we got is timeless or will I end up hating it :) Enjoyed today!!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography July 7, 2011 at 9:44 PM  

Ha ha. Bravo for the motivation. I wanted to declutter in January (after all the useless Christmas gifts), but the work of doing it soon faded ... it's still faded. Perhaps when I get Matt off to boot camp I'll feel motivated. :) Way to go, keep it up.

karren July 7, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

Well, I'm happy to learn that I am not alone! LOL! Why do we think that everyone else is all perfectly organized, beautifully decorated, and of course de-cluttered. your photo is great...It shows how hard you are working to get things in order.

Misty July 8, 2011 at 12:50 AM  

This reminds me of my "Where I Blog" linkup. You REALLY should link up too! :) http://throughaphotographerseyes.blogspot.com/search/label/WhereIBlog

Megan July 8, 2011 at 1:16 AM  

What is it about sparkly things?! I seem to "have to have" way too many of them too. hehe Good work on the decluttering!

darolyn July 8, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

Too funny! This is what our dining room table looked like before we moved! Good luck decluttering and selling stuff on CL! BTW, love, love the rug!!!!

Kristin July 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM  

Even though moving almost killed me, it was a great time to declutter. We did two weekends of garage sales and made lots of $$$, and the kids even got into it with me, so it was fun and educational for them as well. I sold what I could and then donated what was left over and that helped tame the lion. And if you don't have enough stuff to do a garage sale of your own, think about teaming up with a friend and doing one together. I found it so much easier than CL and Ebay, and you'd be amazed at how it all added up at the end of the day.

Barb July 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM  

One of the few things I love about moving is that it gives me the opportunity to get rid of our junk we no longer need. Good luck cleaning out!

Melissa July 10, 2011 at 9:57 PM  

Hmmm.... Is that bag from Hobby Lobby??
And I do love that rug!!! I hate our dining room furniture, too. The previous homeowner left it here. It's nice, I guess, but I'd love to have something that we picked out instead.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP