Monday, June 20, 2011

171/365

Today is the beginning of Ben's vacation. He gets to eat what he wants, play what he wants, snack when he wants, go to bed when he wants. He is "vacationing" at my moms. And wow, how easy are just two kids now! We have found our groove with three kids (or at least we are surviving three kids) so with only two I feel like I can do anything!

Some baby birds were leaving the nest under the back porch at my mom's house. The momma bird is in the top picture. I was surprised that she didn't jump all over me for getting so close to her babies. She probably didn't know what to think of a lady on a ladder peeping into her nest. Not a happy story for the outcome of these little birdies though. There were four birds in the nest initially, two had been grabbed up by one of the dogs at the time of this picture after attempting to fly maybe?, then another a bit later. I hope the last little one found his/her wings. :( They look like little old men birds.

171/365

5 comments:

Amy June 20, 2011 at 9:11 PM  

Aww, poor baby birds :-( Hope the 4th one is okay. I'm always amazed how easy only 2 (or 1!) child is too.

Carrie June 20, 2011 at 11:20 PM  

Very cool! I'm impressed with how close you got to the babies!

Courtney June 20, 2011 at 11:58 PM  

Enjoy your two kiddos vaca! That is so sweet that Ben is able to spend time by himself at your parents house! What a treat! Love the baby bird pics!

Kara June 21, 2011 at 11:40 AM  

ooh so sweet! great picture!

Misty June 22, 2011 at 12:44 AM  

Aaw! The babies are so sweet!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP