Tuesday, June 14, 2011

165/365

We had a short trip to the pool this afternoon. It started sprinkling a bit and we took off after about 45 minutes. At bedtime, Ben told me we didn't really need to leave the pool because it never rained. He doesn't miss a beat. Today he floated on his back in the water all by himself. He has been able to float, but he hasn't been able to get himself turned over until today. How far he has come since a year ago!

165/365

And a few more from yesterday of Bray...
Bray 6mos

Bray 6mos

Bray 6mos

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************And if you are still reading....A couple people mentioned not having a lot of luck with star bursts....Here is my attempt to help...They are a lot of fun. My settings in the first one were ISO 200 f/32 1/250 taken with my Tamron 28-75mm. I focused on a cloud since that was the closest thing to the sun, then recomposed. If you are getting a big white blob, the image is most likely overexposed for the star burst, so increase your SS (make it faster). You'll likely have some sort of blob in the very center since the light is so intense, but you should still be able to see the rays. For the first image, I had to adjust exposure in PS (with curves) to compensate for the underexposed sky in order to expose well for the star burst in camera. I guess you could take two images and overlap in PS, but I'm too lazy for that. You'll notice the leaves are almost like a silhouette and how much darker in color the sky is in comparison to the second shot. In the second shot, the sun was peeking through the trees and the whole image was exposed pretty evenly (the sky may be a tad overexposed), but since the sun was not as intense because of the tree limb, I didn't need to underexpose the rest of the image. The settings for this image are much different and I was also using a different lens. Settings: 85mm ISO 200 f/16 1/1000. Oh! and full sun (obviously) at around 4pm. Hope this helps someone! One more thing, Jodi over at MCP did a post on star bursts/flare maybe last summer? I was thinking of an image she had posted of just the sun and some buildings or street or something when I took the first one. Of course hers are better...;) It is worth checking out!

5 comments:

Valeria June 14, 2011 at 10:39 PM  

Thanks for all the tips. I love the tranquility on your first shot. As far as the baby, you now how I feel :)

Kristin June 15, 2011 at 12:46 AM  

Yay Ben! Way to go. From the looks of the photo it appears he's a pro at it! Ryan just mastered the skill too so you've inspired me to get a shot of it soon. Pool pictures can be so much fun. Also, thanks for the tips on the sunflares.

Amanda Norton June 15, 2011 at 3:10 PM  

I love the pictures of Brayden!! White sheets are the coolest! And awesome picture of Ben floating!!!

Amy June 16, 2011 at 9:38 AM  

Awesome job Ben! Thanks for the tips about starbursts. I am going to try again, soon :-)

Courtney June 17, 2011 at 9:54 AM  

Love the light with Bray!! Oh my goodness!! Just yummy!! Love your tutorial on starburts! I may need to nag, I mean ask you, to write a guest post for me :O)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP