Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Yay Bennie!

When I checked the mail today, Ben's speech therapy evaluation was there. Of course his therapist had already given me the low down, but I love reading stats and percentages. The end is in sight! He is speaking at a level of a 4 year 1 month old (he was 4 years 5 months at the time of the eval) and is in the 43rd percentile for his age. Not too shabby! It must really suck to be corrected every time you open your mouth to speak, but Ben has been very cooperative and receptive to change. And for that I am proud of him! This picture is fitting because we have been working on "L" sounds all.year.long. And it looks like he is making an "L" sound (but he isn't).

Bennie
And I tested out my brand spanking new gray card. The lighting was really blah. Blue light (the custom pic in camera was bright blue), overcast day. Not bad! Definitely better than auto.

12 comments:

Amy April 27, 2011 at 7:20 PM  

Way to go Ben! Love this picture of him. He's so cute. Good job with the gray card too. I should probably get one of those someday ;-)

Melissa April 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

Super job little man!!!! He looks so happy here...well he always does, but especially happy in this one.

Tracy April 27, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

YAY!! Way to go Ben!! This is such a great photo that captures excitement and a true smile. Great!!

Thanks for the tip on the curves. I tested it out and I like it better than using levels. Thanks!! I have PS CS5. Do you know if there is a way to erase the skin test points once I am finished setting skin tones? Thanks!

Carrie April 27, 2011 at 9:27 PM  

Woohoo! Hurray Ben. I like the coloring!

Barb April 27, 2011 at 9:54 PM  

Way to go Ben!!! My kids just love their scooters. Mckenzie is constantly asking me to ride it.

Amanda Norton April 27, 2011 at 11:04 PM  

Yay Ben!! And the picture of him is so sweet.
Love the color too :)

karren April 27, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

Good for Ben! He has worked hard. no wonder you are so proud of him. This is a darling photo of him.

Megan April 28, 2011 at 2:09 AM  

Yay Ben! The color looks really nice.

Kristin April 28, 2011 at 2:27 AM  

Adorable. Any suggestions on what gray card to use. I can never decide, so I just don't use one but keep thinking it would be a good, inexpensive thing to have.

Branson @ Reflection of Something April 28, 2011 at 4:09 AM  

Yay! And your wb looks great! :)

Courtney April 28, 2011 at 4:31 AM  

Yay!! That is so exciting!! Glad to hear the end is in sight! If you don't me asking, and I guess after almost of a year and a half of reading about it, I still haven't figured out why he had to start speech therapy. Emma is pretty low verbally but I'm chalking it up to being a second child. How/when did you realize he needed speech therapy??

Kristin May 3, 2011 at 2:11 AM  

Congrats on the good news, and this shot is awesome.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP