Sunday, April 17, 2011

107/365

It is that time again! Warm weather, egg hunts, Easter bunny, pool time, boat time....Spring is here! Our neighborhood egg hunt was rescheduled to a much better day and time today, so I have pumped up the kids to get all snatchy grabby like the other kids in our neighborhood today. In most cases, I would never advise my kids to be ruthless, but, for real, after last year's experience, it is time to get our game face on. A little recap....last year about 800 eggs were hidden and between my 2 kids (Ben then 3.5, Delia was almost 2), we came home with 2 eggs!!! The big kids were not nice at all....

107/365
Okay...I think my kids just aren't competitive or ruthless enough to be professional egg hunters. They both moseyed around like they had all of the time in the world while the 12 month olds filled their baskets. I guess this means they aren't greedy, which is a good thing! They came home with plenty of eggs, but it just makes me laugh to see the other kids running around frantically picking up eggs while Ben and Delia mosey along in slow motion.

12 comments:

Amy April 17, 2011 at 9:52 PM  

I love D's outfit. So cute. Looks like they had fun.

BarbRiley April 17, 2011 at 10:30 PM  

It looks like a lot of fun! I love Delia's dress! She is so fashionable-just like her momma!

karren April 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM  

Well, at least they were not running so fast that you couldn't get great pictures of them! This is a cute collage.

Tracy April 17, 2011 at 10:48 PM  

LOL! Love the pep talk!! Adorable photos!!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography April 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM  

You captured the day beautifully. Have a great week.

Valeria April 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM  

What a fun post. Great moments

Courtney April 18, 2011 at 2:39 AM  

Your neighborhood does the coolest things!! Love Delia's dress!! Too cute!! Did you make those cupcakes?? Love it!

Kristin April 18, 2011 at 1:29 PM  

I love your collage, all the photos in it and Delia's outfit too!

Carrie April 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

Oh, I LOVE this! Such a beautiful depiction of Easter and spring.

Jennifer Gammon April 18, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

Yay... they changed the date! Glad you were able to go. I love the pictures too. They look so fresh and springy :)

Melissa April 18, 2011 at 5:35 PM  

I'm diggin' Delia's outfit, too!! Love this springy collage, Laurie. The way your kids hunt eggs reminds me of how my oldest plays soccer. She is not aggressive at all! In fact, she's like...okay, I kicked it now you kick it. HA! She does love some egg hunts though. ;o)

Megan April 19, 2011 at 1:43 AM  

It looks like the kids had a great time :) Isaac has never participated in an egg hunt with a bunch of kids, but I'm pretty sure we'd have the same kind of results!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP