Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Project Simplify...The Closet

As promised, here it is....I have put it all out there! Our closet was a disaster! A lot of maternity clothes, dirty laundry, shoes all over...but now a closet that I'm not ashamed of. I'm really proud of myself for getting one.thing.done. I hope finishing this project will keep me motivated to get more done. Our house doesn't feel like the sanctuary that it should, and I want to change that. Thanks to you ladies who started the chain reaction!

Before: (my mom is thinking I should be ashamed of myself, haha!)

Closet Before Collage_web

It gets worse before it gets better....
Closet During

After:
Closet After Collage web

Lost things now found:
-A shirt that I packed for a cruise that I had forgotten about, but love!
-A tube of lip gloss (also love!) that I had left in an old purse (likely from that cruise)!
-$20 wrapped up in a receipt dated 2002 (I LOVE finding money!)
-A half of a roll of Rolos (Probably predating my marriage)
-A whole pack of gum (a little tough to chew, but still flavorful!)
-A huge handful of change
-A stylus Brent lost for his Treo (since replaced by the iPhone)
-A ton of pens and sharpies (from when I worked, pre-Ben)

Pretty much, all I did was replace all of the wire hangers with white plastic ones. This made it look much simplier right away. I bought a shoe rack for myself (which I'm not sure if I like it or not yet) and moved my old one to Brent's end of the closet.

Last, I listed a few things on Craig's list to sell and took everything else to a local thrift store that benefits the homeless. I hope to put the money earned right back into our house.

Although I totally dread tackling the office, I know I'll feel so much weight off of my shoulders when I'm done.

17 comments:

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography March 15, 2011 at 9:02 PM  

Yikes! My new year's resolution had to do with simplifying my life too ... it started out good, but I'm running behind. Thanks for the reminder.

Branson @ Reflection of Something March 15, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

Okay... you are seriously making me want to go clean something! Great job, and I love the $20 from 2002, lol

Holly March 15, 2011 at 10:13 PM  

Wow, these photos are awesome! Love the perspective you chose on them and the before/during/after transformation is inspiring. Great job!

Tracy March 15, 2011 at 10:40 PM  

AWESOME job!

BarbRiley March 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM  

Wow! What a transformation! Wanna take care of my closets too?!

karren March 15, 2011 at 11:22 PM  

If this is not motivation... I don't know what is! I like the before, during, and after idea. It looks so neat and organized, and you freed up some space. It must feel great!

Misty March 16, 2011 at 12:26 AM  

Great job. I need one of those shoe racks. Actually, even better, how about you come clean out my closet. lol :)

Tracy March 16, 2011 at 1:05 AM  

Yay!!!! Way to go! I think it looks great. Doesn't it in a little way make the house feel a bit better all around? At least for a while and then you realize you have to tackle other rooms ;) I'm struggling with the paper clutter! I haven't started and feel a bit intimidated. Love all your progress shots!

Anna Hollister Photography March 16, 2011 at 1:28 AM  

oh my gosh, this is so inspiring! Great job, and you got paid for it too, bonus!!! Looks awesome!

darolyn March 16, 2011 at 1:53 AM  

Inspirational! Good for you...and cute shoes!!

Megan March 16, 2011 at 3:07 AM  

Woohoo! We are a white hangar family as well. You probably couldn't have guessed that. It's not like I love neutrals or anything :) It looks awesome. Doesn't it feel nice to walk into an organized closet?!

Jennifer Gammon March 16, 2011 at 10:05 AM  

Awesome job!!!

Chelsea March 16, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

Looks great!! Fantastic job!

Amy March 16, 2011 at 11:45 AM  

Wow, great job! I really need to do this too but am trying hard to avoid it ;-)

Courtney March 16, 2011 at 10:43 PM  

Wow!! You have been busy!!! I'm in total spring cleaning mode too!!

lacey March 17, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

Gosh, I love me a good cleanin'! Now you've inspired me to find something to tackle! Good for you!!

Jessica C. March 18, 2011 at 3:41 AM  

My goodness I need to do this SO bad! I love that you braved it and showed us the before and afters. If only my before would be even remotely close to what yours is!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP