Friday, March 25, 2011

84/365

Yay! Finally a super easy lunch to make that BOTH kids will eat! I think there is only one "E" in the whole can. So, sorry Delia. Ben hasn't been "featured" lately anyway. This is one of the lunches that I remember eating a lot of as a kid. (We just talked about this the other day!) So, of course they both ate it with applesauce (as I did). If you look closely, you can see Ben's reflection in the spoon. And as always, Ben drained his milk first!

84/365

Other noteworthy news....insure your camera gear! A few weeks ago, I had a dream that someone broke into the house and stole my camera and a few other random things. As we are not made of money, my camera would probably not be replaced immediately. (It may be covered under a break in...but in my dream, it wasn't). Anyway, that would be devastating to me as my camera is my most prized material thing. So, I took that as a sign that I should insure my camera gear, but of course I procrastinated. Then a week later, I saw on CM's where a chick dropped her camera and broke her 50mm lens...continued to procrastinate...Then today, Delia was climbing up on the bar stool. My camera bag was in the chair, and she must have pulled on the strap to help get herself up and down comes the bag onto the hardwoods...My camera was not inside (thank goodness), but there were 3 lenses in there. All were capped and bagged, but needless to say, I totally freaked out and checked focus on everything. All is well, but the very next thing I did was call the insurance company to insure everything. It took 5 minutes. All you need is the price of the item and serial numbers. So, moral to this story, don't wait until something bad happens before you make the 5 minute phone call!

8 comments:

Amy March 25, 2011 at 5:06 PM  

Love this shot! Very cute.

Insurance is something I've been procrastinating about as well.....

Tracy March 25, 2011 at 5:36 PM  

Very cute idea!! Thanks for the advice on the insurance. I am going to mention it to my husband. Never really thought of it ;) Thank you also for your input on my question about photo size and resolution!!

Kara March 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM  

oh, now that's cute!!

karren March 25, 2011 at 11:36 PM  

Cute and creative picture. you are right about insurance. My camera and most expensive lenses are insured. It's a good feeling

Valeria March 25, 2011 at 11:55 PM  

Cute shot and my son loved that your son'e name is Ben, like Ben 10.
Insurance, I really need to find one, any suggestion? I did dropped my camera with my 50mm 1.4. The good news, my camera was fine, bad news, I had to fix my lenses, it did not cost a lot, but damn, I was so worried.

Megan March 26, 2011 at 1:01 AM  

Ooo- good PSA... I haven't added the 105, 50 1.4 or D700. Time to do that!!

Misty March 26, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

Can't wait till my daughter can eat with a spoon. Her meal world is going to allow for a lot more options. My daughter has dropped my camera a couple times this past week by pulling on the strap. I would love to insure them but can't afford any extra expenses right now.

Bre March 26, 2011 at 3:26 PM  

this photo is adorable. I'm 20 and want to go out and buy some alphabet soup for the soul purpose of spelling out "Bre" in the spoon and taking a picture (never too old for playing with food). Also, going to go talk to my Mom about getting our cameras insured now -- I would be devastated!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP