Thursday, March 17, 2011

76/365

Joy of Luck: day 1: gift

Prompt: What inanimate object/thing/concept is something that you take for granted on a daily basis? What would someone who is not as fortunate as you are say about your “luck” to have such a thing in your life? Think about your blessings today – (don’t focus on people for this one…that will come later)…focus on opportunity/experience/something you have/do EVERYDAY that is an unforeseen blessing in your life.

This was a tough one for me. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me, but I feel like I do appreciate a lot of the little things around me. I feel so fortunate to have a nice home in a safe neighborhood, warm clothing, basic needs met, and many tangible things that make my life comfortable....a loving family, three beautiful children, friendship, a hobby that I find fulfilling, and a million more intangible things that make me feel loved and supported...the list goes on and on. So, after thinking all morning about this prompt, I finally came up with this. Time. I am fortunate to be able to stay at home with my kids during their childhood. I do take this for granted. I complain about not having enough time to myself or time to clean or time to do this or that, but when I really think about it, I'm not always using the time I have effectively. And I'm lucky to have every little moment with these little people every day.

And I just realized that an actual clock (with numbers and hands) would have been much more appropriate for this and would have made for a impacting image, but we don't have one! So a digital clock in our digital world will have to do to get my point across.

76/365

And one for the grandparents. I'm sure they could care less about our alarm clock. I took this one yesterday. Bray is swatting at his toys and really "playing" now, as much as a 3 month old can anyway. And who is a better testament of how quickly time passes than a little baby. How far we have come in a quick 3 months.
Bray Swat

10 comments:

KAREN March 17, 2011 at 3:26 PM  

you are so right! i am constantly wishing that the hours would go by fast so that i can go to bed at night or praying that naptime would come soon so i can have some downtime to myself. but, it was just recently, that i had to slow down and realize that this stage is fast fleeting and that i should appreciate what i have been blessed with! thank you for the reminder! love the post!

Amy March 17, 2011 at 3:27 PM  

I've been a SAHM for 14 years now and I have to totally agree with you. I have taken the time I've had at home with the kids for granted as well. I have a friend who has never been able to stay home with her kids and really, really wants to. But financially, they can't do it. It's a blessing to be able to and it's something I need to remember more.

Wow, has he gotten big. Love this. He looks so happy.

Tracy March 17, 2011 at 4:13 PM  

I too am a SAHM & homeschooler and would not give it up for anything....there are difficult days, but like you said we are lucky to have every moment with them. They grow up far too fast...I look at my library of books everyday now and am saddened by the thought that someday those will be replaced with photos of my children's children. :( Thanks for this photo today!! It's so perfect in many ways!

Tamra March 17, 2011 at 5:01 PM  

I try so hard not to take the same thing for granted, but I know I certainly do it as well. Thanks for the reminder! What a cute boy you have there!

Jaime March 17, 2011 at 6:20 PM  

What a great interpretation to the prompt! A very reflective thought. I, too, wouldn't give up if I had the chance.

Megan March 17, 2011 at 7:31 PM  

Aww Brayden :) He's packing on that luscious baby chunk. Adorable!

There are definitely times in the midst of the messes, tantrums and laundry that I forget how quickly this time of life is flying by. It really is a blessing to be able to be at home and experience life with my kiddos :)

Amanda Norton March 17, 2011 at 9:02 PM  

So true!! And I love the b&w of Brayden. He was an angel today and I'm so glad I finally got to hold him again. Your closet looks amazing by the way ;)

whippetmom March 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM  

:) Great reminder of our lives. I often wish away the hours too but I know I shouldn't. Can't believe Brayden is already 3 months old!!

karren March 18, 2011 at 12:36 AM  

That time is precious, and it is good that you do appreciate it. Your baby boy is a little doll, and he is looking a lot like his siblings now.

Courtney March 18, 2011 at 1:58 AM  

I agree, getting to stay at home with the kiddos is such a blessing!! Brayden is so stinkin' cute and I can't believe he is 3 months already!! Oh my!! He looks just like Ben!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP