Monday, March 14, 2011

73/365

I have spent a looooong day in my closet today! I'm sure this little make over will be worth it though. I have been eying these pretty white flowers on the trees at the entrance of our neighborhood for the past couple of weeks. So, on the way home from buying yet more hangers and a shoe rack for my closet make over, I thought I would take a few pictures before the blooms were gone. Most of the blooms were on their way out, but luckily there were a couple of trees with late bloomers! White Japanese Magnolias. I wish you could smell these images! The blooms were so fragrant! I'm going to jinx us, I'm sure, but I think Spring is here in the South!

73/365
On another note, Oh.my.goodness. I knew this was coming, but not so soon! The next "Hot Spot" to tackle with the Project:Simplify is paper clutter. Ugh. The office is an absolute wreck (as is most of our house). I feel like spending a little longer on the closet right now. :(

12 comments:

Kara March 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM  

I *just* posted a magnolia photo, too! Only mine has not budded yet. I love this! I love how different they are. Just the buds alone. This flower is beautiful, too. Great job!

whippetmom March 14, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

I love these trees- you got a fantastic shot...beautiful bokeh- what lens were you using?

Tracy March 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM  

BEAUTIFUL! Love the bokeh and PP! Is this the same PP as the other one I asked about....please say no because I can't be tempted... ;)

Amanda Norton March 14, 2011 at 9:21 PM  

Ok this is cracking me up. You and Jenn both did closet make overs and Japanese Magnolias. Love it!
I hope you are loving your iPad! Join us for lunch Thurs. 11:30

Tracy March 14, 2011 at 10:26 PM  

Thanks, Laurie! I have been having action fever lately and wanting to purchase some....but I am telling myself I am just fine...so hard! I love your work!

karren March 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM  

This is beautiful. I bet it DOES smell good! I love the bokeh. Spring...please hurry to Utah!

Vicki March 15, 2011 at 12:23 AM  

Nice shot... love the DOF. Good luck with the closet make-over. Our basement is my next task and I'm totally procrastinating!

Megan March 15, 2011 at 1:14 AM  

The flowers are beautiful... but my favorite part of the post is that you were on a trip for MORE hangers :) Hehe. Can't wait to see the awesome organization!

Amy March 15, 2011 at 11:17 AM  

Beautiful! My neighbor behind us has a tree with some gorgeous light pink flowers on it just over our fence. I've been trying to decide if I want to risk looking like a huge dork and go shoot them. LOL And yeah, it's looking like spring is here :-)

Jaime March 15, 2011 at 12:51 PM  

This is JUST beautiful! Loved the muted tones.

Chelsea March 15, 2011 at 2:25 PM  

Just so clean, simple and beautiful! I wish I could smell them!! Good luck with the paper clutter...that doesn't sound like too much fun! ;)

Team Jaeski March 16, 2011 at 11:08 AM  

This is gorgeous! I love how soft and simple it is. My eye is instantly drawn to those blossoms. What a *hopeful* picture!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP