Sunday, March 13, 2011

72/365

I want to say that I have really enjoyed the 365 project this year. I haven't felt stressed to get a picture (unlike last year) or even had a day where I took a picture just to take a picture for the blog. I am really, truly enjoying it. Almost every day, I do wonder, "What am I going to take a picture of today?" and every day, something always seems to come up. This little project has definitely raised my awareness of beauty all around me and I am appreciative of that. So today, like most days, I walked outside wondering what I could take a picture of. The kids were playing in the driveway, but I have taken a bunch of driveway pictures lately. I saw that our daffodils are almost ready to bloom...but I did something similar last year (but have a new idea for this year now!). Then, I stepped on these (which hurts barefoot!) and I had never even noticed them before. Crepe Myrtle seed pods.

72/365
ETA: And I meant to add that I plan to post my B&A's of the closet clean-up on Tuesday or Wednesday. I started a couple of days late, so I'll give myself a couple of days to catch up. It is a work in progress!

16 comments:

whippetmom March 13, 2011 at 9:06 PM  

I never would've thought to take a picture of them- they look so beautiful up close. :) I'm really enjoying mine this year too, and also keeping up with friends like you I've "met" through it!

Tracy March 13, 2011 at 9:10 PM  

Such a simple beauty!! Just love this. I am ANXIOUS! to get outside during Spring!

BarbRiley March 13, 2011 at 10:16 PM  

Beautiful! I am starting to get a little bored with my blog. I take the same pictures every day. I'm sure the Grandparents don't mind since they get to see the girls, but it is just the same old thing day after day for me. I need to find a way to spice it up a little!

Carrie March 13, 2011 at 10:50 PM  

What a beautiful capture! Great job!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography March 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM  

I love crepe myrtle pods ... I took a similar picture last year. I'm glad you're not as stressed this year. I'm feeling exactly like you. Hope I find something different today and if not, who cares. Just live in the moment. Enjoy the rest of the year.

Misty March 14, 2011 at 12:29 AM  

This is beautiful DOF! I struggle a lot of days to come up with something to photography and some days I have a ton of pics and I have to pick one. :)

Mindy March 14, 2011 at 12:37 AM  

Beautiful!

darolyn March 14, 2011 at 1:09 AM  

Such a beautiful picture!

karren March 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM  

Funny what can be beautiful isn't it? it's a great shot! The DOF is perfect.

Kristin March 14, 2011 at 1:50 AM  

The colors in this shot are lovely. So dreamy and ethereal. I too feel the same way as you. Though I admit there are days I panic that I haven't taken a picture yet, so I've tried taking something earlier in the day and it's reduced my stress level to know that if nothing else comes up, at least I have something in the camera at the end of the day.

Amy March 14, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

Beautiful!

Jennifer Gammon March 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM  

Fun shot! I have not even started my closet. Maybe I will work on that today!

Jaime March 14, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

Beautiful!!! The background is so soft.

Branson @ Reflection of Something March 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM  

I absolutely love the simplicity of this shot! And I am kind of jealous of your calmness about your photos... tonight was a TOTAL "take a photo just to have something to post" night for me!

hipchicagomom March 15, 2011 at 1:17 AM  

This has been my biggest obstacle thus far in my 365: finding the simple things in life for what they are and photographing them when I see them. Up until about, uh, right now (LOL) I wander around, trying to find the photo that I have in my minds eye before I actually capture it; instead of photographing what I really do have access to. Does that make sense? Anyway, thanks for the inspiration. This is beautiful simplicity at it's finest. :)

Jennifer March 15, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

So glad you are enjoying your 365. This is my first year to try one. I must say that I've had some days where I'm feeling a little stressed about it, but for the most part I am enjoying it. This shot is beautiful!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP