Sunday, March 6, 2011

65/365

After being outdoors for about half a second, neither Brent nor I were too excited about the Challenged Child and Friends (where Ben goes for Speech) 5K today. It was low 50's and very windy. I had high hopes a couple of months ago to actually run it, but I haven't carved out any time yet for myself to exercise. I have just now found a guaranteed shower time! So, we opted out of the 5K and did the 1 mile Fun Run/Walk. We walked with the kids. But anyway, once we got there, it really was a lot of fun. The kids really enjoyed it, even Brayden. Here he is with his "Participant" ribbon. I wish I could have gotten a bigger smile, but he smiles and looks away, every single time I pick up the camera. He already has PCS. I do hope  to one day run a 5K. Doesn't sound like much, but for someone who has only ran 2 miles at once, EVER, it is a big goal. :)

65/365

11 comments:

Tracy March 6, 2011 at 6:56 PM  

Oh Laurie! I wish we lived closer we could sit together and just think about exercising...maybe we would get fit that way without actually excercising! ;) I was just telling my husband for the ?? time how I would love to run again. I also have not found a way to fit "EVERYTHING" I want to do into my schedule. Let me know if you come up with a good plan. Adorable photo of your little guy! I love his little tie shirt!

whippetmom March 6, 2011 at 7:08 PM  

:) same story for me with the running!!

Jennifer Gammon March 6, 2011 at 8:52 PM  

What a sweet picture! He looks so happy and just as cute as a bug. Glad you had a good time.

BarbRiley March 6, 2011 at 9:10 PM  

Laurie, he is so cute! I miss running 5K's. Charleston was a great place to do that. If I ran one now, they would probably have to call 911 for me!

Carrie March 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM  

I trained for a 5k last semester and then got sick the week before the race :( Since then, I haven't committed enough time. One day! This photo is so cute!

Kristin March 7, 2011 at 12:50 AM  

I love this picture of him! His expression is wonderful and his eyes are oh so dreamy! I love how you get that "look"! WoW.

Courtney March 7, 2011 at 12:59 AM  

I have the same goal! I told Ian I wanted to be able to run a 5K before I turn 30 (that is only 3 more months) Yikes! I did a 5K back in October but I walked some of it. Good luck with your challenge! Feel free to nag me about mine :O) he he Love this shot of Brayden! What a sweetie!

Branson @ Reflection of Something March 7, 2011 at 2:00 AM  

This photo is darling! I love his little expression!

Misty March 7, 2011 at 11:35 AM  

He is adorable!!!

Jaime March 7, 2011 at 11:39 AM  

He's a cutie for sure! I did the 5k thing as a teenager, but do not think I could do it now.

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About March 7, 2011 at 5:06 PM  

He looks so proud! :)

I am also trying to work on the 5K thing. Have you tried Couch to 5K?

About the organizing book... I honestly have not even picked it up yet to look at it. I really think you could probably get enough info off of her site. I have heard a lot of good things about her and the book.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP