Friday, February 18, 2011

49/365

Skipping Joy of Love again! We can't do date night spur of the moment with 3 kids. At the beginning of the month, I said I was going to mix in "Things I Love" anyway. The warmer weather this week has allowed us to go outdoors a lot more, which in turn has allowed me to use my 85mm lens. And I LOVE it! I loved it before, but even more so on a camera body that focuses correctly. Hands down, the 85mm is my favorite lens for outdoors. So, so sharp.

49/365
(Don't judge the sharpness by the blog, it makes the images fuzzy. Click on the image and it will take you to Flickr. They look better there. I'm working on yet another blog redo to fix that!--now that I think I know what is going on).

10 comments:

Tracy February 18, 2011 at 12:55 PM  

ohh! the 85mm would be fun! What nikon camera body do you shoot with?

Chelsea February 18, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

Awesome, I'm looking forward to saving up some money to get a prime lens!!

Tracy February 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM  

Laurie, I do. I upgraded from a D40 to a D300s about a year and a half ago...but I really just started using it last May. I wasn't completely comfortable shooting in manual until then. I really enjoy your photos!!

Amy February 18, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

I'm skipping the prompt for today too, for the same reasons.

I've heard great things about the 85 and it's on my list. Don't know if I want to wait until I can go full frame or not though....

Courtney February 18, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

Sorry I have been MIA. Turns out being out of town is harder than I thought to keep up with everyday things :O) I've missed your photos! I may have to add an 85mm to my list. I thought it was going to be a lot bigger. Thanks for sharing this!! Maybe a birthday present...gosh, I'm turning into a lens junkie :O)

Kara February 18, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

SO jealous!! Congrats!

Carrie February 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

Nice composition! Looks pretty crisp to me :)

Amanda February 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM  

I improvised on the prompt today, too. Tomorrow is date night, yes!! Love this. I must check into this lens. The focus is sharp on my monitor.

Amanda Norton February 19, 2011 at 7:23 AM  

I'm loving mine more and more.. But just outdoors :)

Megan February 19, 2011 at 11:10 PM  

Chanting to myself "no, I don't need it, no, I don't" I have too many lens wants!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP