Wednesday, December 29, 2010

363/365

Today the four of us trekked to the pediatrician's office to have Brayden checked out. We were there for over 2 hours. As I suspected, he has a hernia! And the cold he has is RSV. And he is still pooping more than the pedi would like, so he is now on stinky soy formula. Poor little guy. He will be having surgery soon to repair the hernia, so I pray that all goes well there. Oh and Brayden weighs 9lbs 5 oz today! He has gained 2 pounds since birth. Not so shabby!

Today sounds like a bad one, but in all seriousness, it wasn't soooo bad. Ben and Delia were really, really good at the pediatrician's office and all day today. Our visit could have gone south really quickly, especially while waiting for so long, but it didn't. Our lives could be much more complicated than they are. I am so grateful that my little ones are for the most part healthy and happy and thriving. We will get through these little bumps and life will go on.

I have been promising Delia that she could play dress-up but this morning didn't quite pan out like I had hoped. And this afternoon we spent looking for a pharmacy that could fill our prescription....but right before dinner Delia asked again to play dress up, so I obliged. I couldn't say no again. I finished up changing Brayden and passed him off to Brent. When I got upstairs, Ben was full fledged pink princess. I helped Delia transform into a purple fairy and we all surprised Daddy and Brayden. I don't think I have ever seen a prettier pink princess or purple fairy! I can't wait to give these pictures for Ben's senior Roast. Really, this all just made my day!

And a funny saying from Ben: "I'm all sprinked out." He said this about his imaginary magical pink princess sprinkles I put on his soup tonight....he got to wear his pink princess shoes to dinner.
363/365
363/365
363/365
Brayden--Day 30
One month today! Here he is getting his first nebulizer treatment. Well, the first one at home anyway.
363/365

5 comments:

BarbRiley December 29, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

OMG! Laurie you make me laugh. Little Ben makes such a cute pink princess and Delia is just beautiful!!!! I am sorry that Brayden will be having surgery. I know how scary it is to have your baby need surgery, although we were lucky Mckenzie was over a year old. Your family is in my prayers. Love ya!

grandmabish December 30, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

Oh my goodness! ((HUGS)) to you! It is hard to have a sick baby. I hope he will recover very quickly. Your photos today are absolutely adorable! Those of Ben will be priceless on his wedding video!!!

Megan December 30, 2010 at 1:26 AM  

Oh, poor, sweet Brayden! I hope he is feeling 100% soon! Ben and Delia are too funny :)

Courtney December 30, 2010 at 6:37 AM  

Love the one of them reading in their high heels :O) I'm so sorry to hear about poor Brayden!! I will keep him in my prayers! Hope he feels better soon!

Melissa Weber December 30, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

Poor baby! I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope he's all better asap!
These pics of Ben and Delia are priceless!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP