Saturday, December 25, 2010

359/365

Merry Christmas!!!

Today was fun. Ben skipped checking out the tree and came on to our room as usual. We asked him if Santa came and he said that he didn't hear reindeer on the roof. I don't know if he just thought Santa had skipped our house or not. So, we woke up Delia and everyone went to check out the tree. Two shiny new bicycles were underneath as well as a helicopter and some dress up clothes. Delia had the biggest smile and immediately hopped on her bicycle. Ben went for the helicopter. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, then we opened the family presents. Opening presents was fun! I think I overdid it as usual, though. The kids were tired of opening presents and were ready to open the toys that were already unwrapped so that they could play. The bike was definitely a hit with Ben, Delia too. But Delia's favorite present had to be the pink cash register. I knew she would love it and I was right.

Next off to my parent's house for lunch and presents. It is always nice to spend time with family. We brought Ben's bike because Santa and his helper didn't know how to adjust the hand breaks and the back wheel was somewhat stuck making it a tough ride. After Papa had the bike fixed, Ben wanted to take it out for a spin. I don't know which he were happier about, the bike or getting to ride it in the rain. He took his first spill (by riding it straight into my car---just knocked a little dirt off) but got right back on again. I can't wait for it to warm up so we can have some fun on the bikes.

Then we rushed back home and had Christmas dinner with Brent's family. It was so nice of them to come to our home (and bring all of the food). Thanks Nan and Paul. You guys are great! Ben was excited to open yet even more presents and was practicing playing "Santa" and handing out all of the presents. Well, actually, he was just looking for presents with his name on them....Delia was still distracted by that pink cash register. She didn't even open all of her presents this evening. Ben couldn't get enough.

It was a lot of fun watching the kids today. Delia's little face was priceless this morning when she saw her pink bike. She is such a sweet little girl. I hope she always stays so sweet. I loved spending time with both of our families and wish we had more time to sit back and relax and enjoy each other. I can't wait until tomorrow when we get to play with all of the new toys.

This photo was an accident. I'm surprised that I didn't delete it after seeing it in the viewfinder because of how blurry it is....but I'm glad I didn't. For me, it captures the feel Christmas morning at our house. Delia ripping off bows (her favorite part of unwrapping a present), Ben tearing off paper, Brent (or me) cleaning up paper behind them. All of it a blur and over so fast!
359/365

And....we got our SNOW!!!! The kids played a little in the dark this evening. This is the first White Christmas in 128 years in GA! I love watching the snow fall. It is so beautiful. It was a little too dark for pictures, so here is one at night with the flash. I like the snow bokeh going on here!
359/365

359/365

Brayden--Day 26
This is one of the very few pictures I took of him today. He didn't feel well, so we didn't bother him too much. Poor baby.
359/365

2 comments:

karren December 28, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

I Love, love, love these snow pics! Awesome!

Courtney December 28, 2010 at 2:36 AM  

What a great movement photo!! I was planning on getting something like that but forgot :O)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP