Sunday, December 5, 2010

339/365

What a quiet weekend! The two older kids have been at the other grandparent's house and Brent and I have had an only child again. Newborns are so easy! Brayden has been a little fussy around the normal "witching hour" of 6:00pm or so. He sure seems to love the paci around that time, which makes me think he is a little gassy in the evening. Or maybe he just needs to make some noise. At night, we wake him up to eat and he goes right back to sleep. And he has been having some good awake periods during the day. He seems to me to be right on track for the schedules we set for our kids and we haven't even had to do anything yet. I hope he can beat D's record of sleeping through the night at 8 weeks.

Today I did the first little session of a newborn shoot. I don't have all of the necessities yet, but since he has to be naked in the sun anyway (for jaundice), I thought I might as well give it a go. My main goal was to get at least one image that I could put on the Christmas card so I can get those ordered.

The kids are now home. I have missed them! We have seen them periodically throughout the past week, but I'm glad they are home now, even if that means things will be more chaotic and more difficult to manage. Ben seems pretty much the same, but Delia seems like such a big girl now. I remember right after I gave birth to her and Ben came back to the delivery room where we were, it was like he had instantly aged right in front of me. He was just a baby himself at almost 20 months and almost at once he seemed like a big boy. Delia doesn't so much look older, but she just seems to act older. Her ability to communicate her thoughts really amazes me.

So, here are a couple of pictures from today. The first is of a necklace that Ben picked out for me with Nana. He told me the big heart was Ben, the middle sized is Delia, and the little one Brayden. I love it. Neither he nor Delia would cooperate for my original idea, so this one will have to do.
339/365

Brayden--6 days old
This is one of my favorites. The best photo for the Christmas card I'll share later, when I get the cards out (if I get them out). I keep saying that and I'm still not sure...it will be a double Christmas/birth announcement. I'm working on it....
339/365

5 comments:

Julie the Army Wife December 6, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

So precious :)

Melissa Weber December 6, 2010 at 11:31 PM  

He's beautiful, Laurie. Congrats again. :)

Jennifer Gammon December 7, 2010 at 7:43 AM  

What a cute little guy! I love the picture... can't wait to see your Christmas card, they are always so great!

BarbRiley December 7, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

What a great photo!!!Braydon is adorable! What a beautiful gift from Ben. He is such a sweet and thoughtful little man! Good luck getting into a routine! I remember how hard it was to find time to get a shower and we only have two!I can't believe you have three babies already and I haven't even gotten to meet the first one yet :( Maybe someday! Miss ya!

Courtney December 8, 2010 at 5:18 AM  

Look at all his hair!! He is simply adorable Laurie!! I'm sorry I haven't been around to comment lately. I have no excuses that could compare to having 3 kiddos but life has been busy. I'm hoping to get back to commenting!! I just love all your photos!!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP