Thursday, December 2, 2010

336/365

We made it through our first day at home. Brayden is a dream baby. He sleeps well, eats well, and does everything in between just as expected. The third time around has been far less stressful, mentally at least. Trying and failing at breastfeeding two times already, I knew that I didn't want to put myself (and more importantly my baby) through that again and I think that was the best decision I could have made for me and for our family. It is definitely a decision I can live with. There have been far fewer tears for everyone involved.

I really feel like I have hit the jack pot again. I should really play the lottery. Out of all of the gazillion possible combinations, God has given the perfect child to us three times! I feel like the luckiest woman alive.

The kids came home from Grandma's house today. School, then home. They really haven't skipped a beat. Both Delia and Ben have enjoyed grandparent time. They love their new brother and don't seem the least amount jealous of him. Ben keeps saying, "Brayden is a sweet little guy." And after Delia woke up from her nap, she asked Daddy, "Where is Brayden?" and "Where is Grandma's car?" I'm hoping their feelings won't change in the upcoming weeks when it is just me and the three and my attention will be divided amongst all of them.

In other news, my other "baby" has arrived and is in great working order this time!!!! I'm not crazy! They replaced a mirror and did some focus adjusting. Seems to have done the trick in my initial test shots. I took these pictures after the kids had gone to bed. I want to do a December Daily of Brayden in addition to the 365. Shouldn't be too hard! I'm sure I would take a million pictures a day of him anyway! Poor kid is doomed, just like the other two. Brent snapped the picture of me and my little guy. It is a little out of focus (sorry Brent, your hand just isn't as steady as mine). I look like a ragged old woman.....but it is what it is. And I got to try out the liquify tool. :) I won't share where I used it. Can you guess? I hope to get back to myself soon. Really soon. And I would like to wear jeans again, if that isn't asking for too much.

336/365

Sanford looking like "protector" but really just being a jerk. Jealous dog.
336/365

6 comments:

Amanda Norton December 2, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

Okay it's official I am going to be addicted to your blog. Love all of these pictures, especially the ones of Ben and Delia with Brayden in the hospital. Brayden sure has the Flickinger chin! LOVE him already and can't wait to see all of you again.

grandmabish December 2, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

This photo is so sweet of you and your little son together. That bokeh is yummy! I like this one of Sanford in focus and Dad and baby OOF. Sweet.

Jennifer Gammon December 2, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

Beautiful picture of both of you! I love it and I am so happy for you. You have such a sweet little bundle of joy. I can't wait to see him again!

BarbRiley December 2, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

I think it is a wonderful picture of the two of you. Yes the focus could be better, but the love in your face is priceless! Congrats Laurie, he is a beauty!

Tamra December 3, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Huge congrats, Laurie! You look beautiful in that picture, and he's gorgeous. And the bokeh; the whole image is dreamy!

Melissa Weber December 6, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

I love the picture of you looking at him with the beautiful bokeh in the background. Congrats again, he's gorgeous. And you look great!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP