Tuesday, November 30, 2010

334/365

Funny story here. We initially were planning on calling "Brayden" by his middle name, Reese. We thought his name flowed better as Braden Reese rather than Reese Brayden. Well, after we met the little guy, and announced that we had a son named Reese, we decided he looked more like a Brayden. So, Brayden it is.

Brayden is a whole one day old today! We had a "birthday" party for him with the kids. Nothing crazy, just singing "Happy Birthday" and eating cupcakes with the kids, but we wanted to do a little something to help the kids with the transition.

My mom and Granny came to visit for the day. Momma has the kids this week, which has been a huge help. We are so blessed to have family close by and more important willing to help us with the big kids. Thanks Momma. I love you so much and appreciate everything you do for us. The kids are so lucky to have you as a grandparent.

My friend Amanda came for a visit too. Thanks for the little lovey and adorable Christmas socks! I think I want a pair of those socks for myself!

I took a few shots of Brayden doing those newborn things that I remember about the other kids. I love how alert he can be already (as long as he stays alert during the day!!! and not night!). The wonder of a child, even this young is one of my favorite things.
334/365

I can't wait to get him home and take some newborn pictures of him. I have a couple of new things and about a million fave'd pictures on flickr to try out poses and angles. I can't wait to learn and hopefully get some great shots of my little guy. You know this is the real reason why I wanted to have a third child. Just kidding Brayden!

4 comments:

Shannon Joy November 30, 2010 at 11:49 PM  

Surely you will capture your new son beautifully, Laurie :).

Jen B. November 30, 2010 at 11:56 PM  

Congratulations Laurie. Newborns carry such a special spirit with them...what a beautiful time for you and your family. So happy to hear all went well with you and the baby. Looking forward to your fab newborn pics, how fun for you!

grandmabish December 1, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

I hope that you will have some help at home for a few days. I can hardly wait to see pictures. I hope you will feel better very soon.

Courtney December 2, 2010 at 1:19 AM  

Oh my!! You are going to have so much fun photographing him!! Can't wait to see the new little angel!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP