Monday, November 29, 2010

333/365 {It's a........}

Happy Birthday to my beautiful.....................SON!!!!! Sorry, but I forgot the USB cord and can't get the images off of my camera :( Will do asap when I go home.

Brayden "Reese" was born at 1:08 pm, weighing 7 lbs 5 ounces, and measuring 20 inches long. I knew that he would be bigger than estimated! For whatever reason, in my case, they always are! Reese melts my heart already. He is such a sweet little guy. I just want him to stay little forever. Watching my last little bundle grow up is going to be difficult, especially knowing that we have closed a chapter of our lives today. It makes me a little sad to know that, but I think I'll cherish this little guy so much more because of it.

Honestly, I thought I was having a girl. I wanted Delia to have a sister because I never had one, but I'm just as happy to have a healthy baby boy too. I'm in love already. Brent was 51% sure we were having a boy. I guess someone had to be right. Now to pick out baby boy bedding! I thought I had a plan in place, but now that I know I need to change out the pink, I may just change my mind.

This is a picture that I will cherish forever. This photo is of big brother and big sister meeting Reese for the first time. They are in love too. Without a doubt, these two are going to be a great big brother and big sister. I can't wait to discover Reese's personality and how he will fit into our family and the relationships that will form between him and the other kids. I feel like the luckiest person in the world.
333/365
333/365
333/365
333/365
333/365
A few little tidbits about the day I always want to remember:

-The cooler weather finally moved in this weekend and it rained during the afternoon and evening.
-The kids had a great time measuring everything while in the waiting room. Heads, hand, the approximate length of their new baby sibling.
-The kids seemed more excited about getting stickers that said "I'm a big brother/sister" than actually having a new brother.
-Dr. Little joked about only tying one tube and hoping it would hold.
-Rick came in on his day off to do the anesthesia after I told his wife (my friend) he absolutely should only do the anesthesia if he were already working. And now he has seen a little/lot more of me than any other friend has!!!
-Jenn got to change the second poopy diaper, which was her first meconium poop to ever have the honor of cleaning--and she has two kids!
-The whole c-section experience is really sort of surreal (and it sucks). Now that I have had both experiences, I can make the comparison. Even a hard delivery in the way God intended, (like with Ben), is waaaaay better than a c/s.
-We are waffling on what to call Reese. Should he go by Reese or Brayden?

6 comments:

Shannon Joy November 30, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

CONGRATULATIONS, Laurie!!!!!! I have been thinking about you!!! What wonderful news... A BOY!!! Can't wait to "meet" Brayden :).

Megan December 1, 2010 at 2:02 AM  

Yay! Congratulations! You know all of us bloggers have been waiting for your announcement :) Welcome Brayden!

grandmabish December 1, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

CONGRATS!!!! I am sooooo happy for you. How wonderful to have your healthy little boy here and now you can start healing. I'm so happy things went well for you.

whippetmom December 1, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Congrats! I love his name :) And I'm getting so excited about meeting our "surprise" (gender anyways) baby in March! Can't wait to see pictures! I personally like Reese best- but Brayden is adorable too!

Courtney December 2, 2010 at 1:18 AM  

Congrats!! Another boy!! What a sweet sweet blessing!! Glad to hear it went well minus the whole c-section sucking part :O) I can't wait to see pictures!! Love the name!! Get plenty of rest!

Melissa Weber December 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM  

Awww, congratulations!!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP