Friday, November 19, 2010

323/365

Happy Birthday to my Babes! I love you so much and I'm so happy to celebrate many, many more birthdays together.

This morning, I had the energy (for once) and the motivation (never happens) to clean, clean, clean the kitchen. It is spotless from top to bottom, inside and out. It all started with making space for the 8 new 4oz baby bottles (not very big) and sort of snowballed from there. And the stars were all aligned today because the kids were perfect angels. We listened to Christmas music (Ben's new favorite) and there was such a nice mood throughout the house.

My new philosophy is to "simplify". I'm tired of cleaning a million sippy cups and sippy cup valves and kid plates and kid utensils and kid cups and none of them stacking because they are all different shapes and sizes. So, I'm going to be on the search for kid friendly plates/cups that all match. I hate clutter and my cabinet looks cluttered because it never looks "neat" with all of the mismatched kid dinnerware. Enough of our big people dinnerware is broken now that we may just all live off of that until we need to eat in rotation. And by then we hopefully we can replace that and the kids will be through the dropping and breaking it stage. It felt so good purging old sippy cups. I'm not even sure why I had been keeping them (old Playtex version that started leaking because they were old). I think because I knew how much I paid for them.

I've been using a 17-40mm f/4 lens that a friend let me borrow for this camera and you can get some distortion from the wideness of the lens. These two cracked me up. D looks more so like a bobble head than Ben, but both of them were all up in the camera.

20101119_Funny D_0018_editweb

20101119_Funny D_0019_editweb

3 comments:

grandmabish November 21, 2010 at 2:34 AM  

I like the effect. These two accentuate their eyes. So cute and fun!

Courtney November 21, 2010 at 4:55 AM  

Do you like that lens?? I'm going to get a wide angle for Christmas and can't decide which one to get!!

Melissa Weber November 21, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

I. Feel. Your. Pain. on the clutter and sippy's and valves, etc etc. I need to simplify, too.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP