Thursday, November 18, 2010

322/365

Today was the first day in a looooong time that I have taken the opportunity to nap while the kids were at school. I put dinner in the crock pot and had a date with Oprah and then snoozed for a bit. I should have been cleaning or something useful, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Santa pictures are today...so nap will be short for Delia. I hope we don't need to wait too long. I want to get there a little bit early so that we can be one of the first in line because I'm not feeling so hot.

**Update, Santa pictures went well. Delia wasn't too keen on the idea at first, she was a clingy little monkey, but once I put her down I told her she could hold Ben's hand and she did. I didn't think the photographer was going to get them to smile, but he did! This will be our first good Santa picture yet. Delia had the typical stare at a stranger glare for the first few frames, but he managed to get a smiling picture of BOTH kids.

Ben was horrible this morning again. I picked out his clothes, he didn't want to wear the shirt I picked for him, so I let him have the shirt he picked out. Then.....he wanted the shirt I had originally picked out. I said, "No, we aren't going to do this. Put the truck shirt on, please." Well, things spiraled from there. He will flip flop back and forth and drive you crazy. So, I had to put my foot down and be firm. Well, after about 15 minutes of crying about the shirt, he finally put it on. Delia told him he was "crying like a little baby." Hehee. That is one way to put it. After all was said and done, Ben apologized to me for acting that way and agreed that he was crying like a little baby. I'm proud of him for apologizing unprompted! That is really a first for us. At times I feel like the kid has no empathy, but he proved today that he does or is beginning to learn the concept. So thankful for beginnings of good things!

The bottles are washed and sterilized! And I have a container of formula (don't judge me) and a package of newborn diapers. If there is a surprise arrival I at least have my bases covered.

Happy 10th Birthday to Herschie today. Ten years ago, we didn't know what we were getting into....

My picture of the day is a little of what is left of the fall foliage. Horrible photo, but it is all I've got for the day. :)
322/365

2 comments:

BarbRiley November 18, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Oh my! I can't believe you are going to give your baby formula ;) You know I am only kidding. Abby was formula fed and didn't need antibiotics until she was at least three years old. I nursed Mckenzie and she was sick way more often than her sister. Do what makes you happy. It obviously worked for the first two!Happy Birthday to Herschie!

Jen B. November 19, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

Laurie, regarding Millers lab...as far as their prints go, I LOVE them. Since their color is slightly different than WHCC or some of the other labs, I choose their "ambassador" option when ordering, which lets them color correct. When I opened an acct. with them they did test prints for me, one with my color as seen on my monitor, and one with theirs. I could barely tell the difference. But just to be safe I have them color correct. I have been super happy with them.

The option to color correct is not there for cards, however, so it is a bit of a gamble. I guess my monitor is pretty close though because the color seems super close to what I see. I have had really good results so far.

I didn't know other labs did the die cut cards! I will definitely look into MPix and Simply Color, thanks for the suggestion!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP