Sunday, November 7, 2010

311/365

Oh goodness. I have had all day to myself and what did I do? I have folded about a gazillion hearts into flowers, hot glued them to paper, and stuck them onto this topiary by a pin. My fingers are sore! I do like the way it turned out. It goes really well in D's room. I'm glad that I decided not to make two! It would have taken absolutely forever!

The plan is for Delia to sleep in her big girl room for the first time tonight. I really wish I had my camera back. 1600 ISO is not going to cut it by the time she gets home :( The transition is waaaaay past the plan of October 1st, but I guess a three or so week head start before the baby arrives is better than nothing. I've always been a procrastinator, so why change now?

******************
We just tucked Delia into her new bed in her new room. She was sooooo excited and wanted to look at everything of course! I'm excited for her too. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. She is becoming a little girl and not as much my baby any more.

In other news, Bebe has made a reappearance! Brent found her in Ben's dresser in the door thing that nothing is stored in. I knew she must have been in the house somewhere. Delia couldn't stop kissing her and wanted me to kiss her too. It was quite the reunion. So, I'm thankful today that Bebe was found. I love that both of the kids have an animal that helps them feel comfort and safety. And most of all I'm thankful that both kids can also find comfort in Brent and me without those objects.

I'll share pictures of the completed room, when it is completed. Brent still has a couple of things to do and I have a couple of more projects to complete and a little more shopping to do. I need to hit Home Goods and hopefully find some deals. And I need to start on the bathroom.

211/365

211/365

3 comments:

Jennifer Gammon November 8, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

Oh my gosh... that is awesome! How in the world did you know how to make that. I love it! You are so talented. Delia is so lucky to have a mom as wonderful as you!

Jen B. November 8, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

Pure talent. I love it. I wish I had the time and patience to make one myself. Sounds like you are nesting..ha ha...and trying to get everything done before baby comes. I hope all goes well with the delivery. Hang in there, these last couple of weeks are tough, but so worth it, right?

Megan November 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

The topiary is awesome! Hope the transition to the big girl room continues smoothly :)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP