Tuesday, October 26, 2010

299/365

I'm a little freaked out today, but Oprah helped me to put it all in perspective....leave it to Oprah! My OB appointment went as I suspected it would. Little kiddo is sitting (literally) deep in my pelvis having a good ol' time. Little stinker. I knew that this kid was going to be my problem child. I've been too lucky so far. So, an external version is scheduled for next Friday. The OB gives me a 50% chance of getting this little guy/gal turned around. The baby obviously has my sense of direction. I'm trying not to think about how painful this may be for me....but I would do anything to avoid a c-section, so bring it on! If it doesn't work, I'll have a scheduled c-section. If it does work, I'll be induced at 39 weeks to ensure the little kiddo doesn't flip back around. More news, the amniotic fluid level is borderline low, so I'll be drinking tons of water to try to improve that little situation this week. If it doesn't improve, I'll be induced early to keep the baby healthy (or c-section if the version doesn't work). And lastly..., the baby is still small! No news there really. So, a lot to take in this morning. As long as I have a healthy baby, it doesn't matter. I can take it.

Now back to Oprah. Anyone that watched yesterday's episode (I watched it today), what a tear jerker! If you don't want to sob uncontrollably, don't watch it! My problems don't really seem like problems at all. Nothing like a little dose of someone else's reality to put things in perspective.

Thanks to my friend Amanda, I have a camera in hand while mine is being repaired. It is taking some getting used to and I have totally reprogrammed this joker to fit me (I'll change it back!!) but I think I'll be able to adapt. Thanks so much Amanda (even though it's a Canon, wink wink). You are too sweet! And I really appreciate your generosity. I'll take good care of it.

So, picture of the day....Miss Delia woke up on the wrong side of the crib. I don't blame her...it was 5 o'clock and the girl needed to wake up in order to go to bed without a fuss. I hate to be awakened too. She's over it now....
299/365

3 comments:

BarbRiley October 26, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

I'll be praying for that little bugger to turn around before Friday so you don't have to have the external version! So glad you have a camera to use!

Shannon Joy October 27, 2010 at 12:45 AM  

I'll keep you and the little stinker in my thoughts and prayers :). My sister's first baby turned around at 38 weeks and she was 9 pounds! Keep us posted :)

Courtney October 27, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

Will be praying for you! I had to have a c-section with Emma b/c at 36 weeks they figured out she was breached. Unfortunately, she didn't cooperate and turn, but you know, I actually had a better recovery with my c-section then I did with my "normal" birth with Kate. I will pray your baby turns though!!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP