Sunday, October 24, 2010

297/365

Happy Birthday to my mom today! We drove down and spent the afternoon there. Everyone was exhausted though. Me, the kids, Brent. Brent spent the time working. I think we all need a vacation. It would help to have my body back. I can function better when I'm not out of breath all of the time. I can't see how those people that grow 100lb tumors over a short amount of time don't know something is wrong. Craziness. Twenty five extra pounds and I feel like I can barely get up the stairs without oxygen.

I forgot my camera, so no pictures of the birthday girl today.

So, a last minute idea for today's picture. A little self portrait of me reading to Ben. Brent and I take turns each night. Ben is considered the easy one. I lucked out tonight. We read a Thomas the Train book with the little sounds. Afterward, Ben asked me if we were safe in our house. I reassured him that yes we were safe and that Brent and I wouldn't let anything bad happen. I'm not sure what sparked that conversation, but I hope that he believes me when I say that I would never let anything bad happen to him. I can't imagine my kids not feeling safe in their own home.
297/365

3 comments:

BarbRiley October 24, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

I've been thinking about toys that are a big hit around our house. Mostly dolls and the accessories that go with them. My girls like this doll center I bought for Abby that has a bathtub, swing, highchair. Ours is plastic and I really don't like it so I would recommend a wooden one. There is one at Target that looks pretty nice. Dress up clothes are always fun and barbies/barbie doll house/car are also a big hit. I am sure you will find the perfect girlie gifts for little miss Delia. Love this pic of you and Ben!

grandmabish October 25, 2010 at 12:41 AM  

I like this one...what a nice photo and a happy memory for Ben.

Courtney October 27, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

I love this!!! I hope he feels safe too, I wonder the same thing for my girls!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP