Thursday, October 14, 2010

287/365

Today I had an uneventful OB appointment. My belly has grown appropriately for the two weeks so I didn't need an ultrasound! Yay! That meant that I got to the MOPS meeting almost on time! It was a great meeting. I think we are going to like the study this year. It seems to bring up many things that stay at home moms have trouble with. Lots of tear jerkers in today's meeting! One of my friends brought up that comparing herself to other moms is a problem area of hers. I feel the same way. It is hard not to compare yourself to others and I end up feeling like crap because I'll never measure up to the "best" attributes of a bunch of friends that I respect as people and mothers. And the person that brought it up, (you know who you are) is a wonderful mother and person who has talents and personal traits that I wish I had too. We all need to respect who we are and acknowledge what positive traits we have to offer.
I just really wish everyone would be real. If you're having a bad day, say so. It is great to think positive and project that positivity, but no one can be perfect 100% of the time. We all have our struggles and bad days and it is nice to know that we aren't alone in them.

So, with that in mind....I took a picture of Delia in her "Hollywood" glasses. Hollywood being one of the most superficial places on earth. Hopefully, Gainesville is keepin' it real. A little side note...what is funny about these sunglasses to me is that Delia wouldn't wear them all summer because she said they were not her sunglasses, they were Mommy's sunglasses (which is why I bought them!). I thought the stylish grown up looking ones were cute. I guess I was wrong!
287/365

287/365

2 comments:

Amanda Norton October 14, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

I really like this post.. You are so right. There's nothing more admirable to me than someone who is just "real". It's exhausting being around people who are negative and hard to figure out. I truly think some people just get their priorities mixed up... and some people just worry to darn much. Anyways, I've always appreciated your positivity :)

Love the birthday pics and sunglasses. Get lots at the air show!

Courtney October 15, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

What a cutie!!! I agree, it is tough being a mommy sometimes :O) Glad you have a great group of ladies to support you!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP