Wednesday, September 29, 2010

271/365

Today was a bust. Seems like I have been saying that a lot lately. I dropped the kids off at preschool, then tried to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart to get Ben's birthday present before my OB appt. Well, ended up, I didn't get the present, and I was late to my appointment too. I'm measuring small for 30.5 weeks, so they did an ultrasound and the baby's abdomen is measuring a week too small. From what I have read (not a lot) it doesn't sound like a problem until the baby isn't growing at all or is really, really small (less than 10th percentile). This kiddo is still at 40th percentile, where even my other two babies measured around 50th and weren't small newborns by any means. Ultrasounds can be pretty inaccurate for baby size. I'm not too worried, but you never want to hear that something is not on track or abnormal about your kid. A little seed of doubt has been planted now, so I won't be able to breath easy until I know I have a healthy little baby growing in there. So, if you would, could you please say a quick prayer for this little baby that he/she grows normally for the remainder of the pregnancy and is a healthy newborn in 9.5 weeks from now. Oh, and as of now, the baby is breach. Yay. Hopefully he/she will turn in the next few weeks.

Herschie update: No planter thing yet. The vet agrees that it most likely isn't going to leave her stomach and has scheduled surgery for Thursday. Please say another prayer for Herschie that she does well for her surgery with no complications.

Ben wanted some pumpkin bread for a snack. I made it from scratch the other day (minus fresh pumpkin) and it is quite good actually. I told him he could eat it outside. He asks so sweetly, "Will you come outside and eat it with me?" Of course! So we sat at his little picnic table, ate pumpkin bread, and drank cranberry juice. He looks so sweet sitting there waiting on me.

271/365

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP