Tuesday, September 28, 2010

270/365

Today is a day to CELEBRATE!!!!! I know I have said it at least 270 times already this year in the blog, but I'm going to say it again! I am so proud of my little Bennie. Today he "graduated" from speech therapy with his school system therapist. She was thinking he was starting kindergarten next year when she thought of "consulting" once a month to keep him in the system, but since he has 2 years until kindergarten she is confident he will be caught up with his classmates before starting school. Of course we will keep our private therapist because he still meets speech requirements for private therapy, but today is quite the accomplishment!

This is Ben with a little certificate for being a good boy for the past year for his speech sessions with Ms. Cindy. She had a ton of nice things to say about him, and we are so happy that we lucked up and were assigned to her for therapy. Things seem to always work out that way.

My proud happy boy. I asked if he knew why I was so proud of him and he said because he could speak so well. Then he said he was proud of Delia because she could speak so well. I don't think he has a clue that not everyone sees a speech therapist (which I'm glad). I would never want him to feel like he was different, even know we as adults know that being different is what makes us all special. So big congrats to my little guy. I love him so.

270/365

270/365

2 comments:

BarbRiley September 27, 2010 at 8:32 PM  

Way to go Ben!

grandmabish September 29, 2010 at 12:16 AM  

Congrats to Ben! Way to go...It's a hpppy day for his proud mommy too! You are a great mom and always so supportive. Lucky children you have.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP