Monday, September 6, 2010

249/365

Another fun holiday weekend. I guess Labor Day sort of gives a goodbye wave to summer and rings in Fall. I hope we have a few more weekends on the lake before Fall is officially here, though. This morning, we had pancakes for breakfast, then I cleaned the kitchen for a bit while Brent took the kids upstairs and rebuilt the Island of Sodor (train table train set). That is a big job. I didn't make a dent in the kitchen hardly. The kitchen is the focus this week with Flylady. So I hope to get a few things organized in there....very intimidating.

We headed to the Labor Day neighborhood pool party for lunch for a few hours, then out on the boat with our next door neighbors. We both really like the couple and their kiddo. We have been really fortunate as our neighbors have moved in. You can't pick your neighbors, but I would have picked ours. Really nice families. Ben absolutely LOVED swimming in the lake today. Usually he is really intimidated by the largeness of the lake and the other boats, but today he swam out far and jumped off the back of the boat (Delia jumped off of the high back of the boat (don't know how to explain it, but is about 4 feet or so from the water), practiced floating on his back (with life jacket, of course in the lake). I'm really proud of him for overcoming some pretty strong fears from the beginning of the summer. What a brave little boy!

This is the ceiling of Delia's cottage. I hope she enjoys looking up at it for many, many years. It was worth being banished to the downstairs for the past two weeks. I love it!!! It is exactly what I had imagined. Not the best image, but I hope you get the picture. This perspective is as if you just walk in the door, lay down and look up.
249/365

2 comments:

Alison September 7, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

That ceiling is incredible! So light and airy. What a fabulous space!

Courtney September 8, 2010 at 3:03 AM  

Wow! I would love to live there!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP