Friday, September 3, 2010

246/365

Today has been a good day! We went to the pool with friends this morning. It was a beautiful day for the pool. As much as I hate to see summer go, I love the feel of a little touch of fall in the air. We left around two and the kids were spent. Delia actually said she wanted to go home and take a nap. Very unlike her.

Brian is finished!!!!! Whoop! I was literally counting down the minutes until he finished cleaning up so that I could feel free in my house again. The dogs will be grateful too. And the kids. We have been banished to the downstairs while he could work, and that is no fun. Especially when the toy room is upstairs. But I am sooooo happy with the results. It is really cool seeing what you had imagined come to life. I'll post a picture soon of the room, even though it is bare.

One disappointment though. I thought the last piece of furniture was being shipped and arriving today. Um, no. It was a piece of the piece of furniture, a little deceiving when they charged for the whole thing! Little cloth panels that fit in a little tiny bag. So, we are back to October for the room to be completed. Bummer. I guess that gives me time to get my craft on.

In other news....I'm trying to plan Ben's birthday party. I have digital paper picked out for his invitations. Super simple this year since he picked an easy theme! Last year's grasshopper had me a little crazy! Just need to design them, which the plan is for a super simple invitation too. Ben has requested a "truck pulling a trailer" birthday cake, so a transportation theme is in order. And I am hoping that my plan for his birthday party will pan out. To be continued when I hear back tomorrow!!!!

And last, we played a game that Ben earned from the prize closet yesterday....five times. It is a great game and is actually fun for me to play too. As you know Ben loves transportation and roads and tracks and parking spaces and vehicles and boats and he also loves those hidden pictures puzzles. The game is called Richard Scarry's Busytown Eye found it! Game and is all of those things in one. We plan to have game night tonight after D is in bed and play it again with Daddy. The best part is that either everyone wins or everyone loses, so there is no competition since it is a group effort. Ben and I won 4 times out of 5. The little piggies won the last time. I think we were pushing our luck.

Ben & his new game:
246/365

1 comments:

BarbRiley September 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Sounds like a fun game! I checked out the mural from pbk. Very cute, but a little pricey for me, especially since we will not be living here forever. I had found a few that I liked yesterday, now I just need to make a decision. I am so excited to get her room in order, but I don't know if I want to move her into a big girl bed before Scott deploys in November or wait until he returns.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP