Wednesday, September 1, 2010

244/365

Today was a bust. We stayed at home all day until Ben's speech appointment at 3pm. We swung by Old Navy on the way home and got a few things for the kids. I finally found a couple of things to buy for Ben. Poor thing. It is so hard to find boy clothing that I haven't felt like I have bought already in a past season. Nothing new at Old Navy either, but at least I have a few Fall things for him for those chillier mornings that will be upon us soon.

Yesterday, we opened the 3rd shipment of Delia's bedside table and YAY! it made it all the way from Vietnam to somewhere in the U.S. to probably somewhere else in the U.S. to the distribution center, to the delivery truck to our home in G'ville without any scratches. Putting it that way, there is no wonder why we have gotten 2 damaged ones already. Anyway, the kids played in the box. Ben imagined it was a delivery truck. Except instead of delivering things with it, he took it shopping and bought some clothes for himself. I think I took that as a hint that it was time to find something for the boy for fall. He said he bought me, Delia, and Daddy some clothes too. How generous.

Tomorrow another furniture piece will arrive. Brian *should* finish up Delia's ceiling, which Ben says looks AWESOME. It does look pretty fabulous. He may be super slow, but he does a really great job. Sort of reminds me of my dad....think, think some more, rethink, make it perfect. I couldn't ask for anything more in a contractor. I can't wait to get the furniture and bedding in there. Need to find a mattress next. And mirror. And pick up my Craig's List find. And contact the mural artist (also found on CL). Lots to do.

While taking some test photos, I snapped this one of Delia. Center focal point works like a charm! I think it is the right outer ones giving me fits. Can't wait to hear back from Nikon. He better not tell me I'm the idiot.

244/365

3 comments:

grandmabish September 2, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

Cute little thing she is! Can't wait to "see" her room.

BarbRiley September 2, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

What a cutie pie Laurie! I cannot wait so see pictures of Delia's room. It sounds like you have put so much work into it!

Courtney September 2, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

This is beautiful! Love your conversion as always :O) Where do you have her sitting?? Love the dark background??

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP