Sunday, August 29, 2010

241/365

Sunday....church, then out for lunch. Atlanta Bread really hit the spot. I love that place.

On our way home, Brent and I discussed a topic that we talked about in Sunday school. What do we fear most? Both of us said losing our family. Nothing else really matters. Yesterday, the kids and I watched as Brent was pulled behind the boat tubing. Eventually the wake was too rough and Brent fell off of the tube. Ben immediately starts crying because he thought that Brent was hurt. My initial response was to comfort Ben because I knew that Brent was fine, but my next thought was, "What would I do without him?". Brent is my rock and I don't know how I could go on normally without him or even find a new functional normal. I don't think I could be a good parent because we are a team. Life would definitely be harder and not because I would be giving the kids baths every night (haha, Brent), but because we compliment each other. Same for my kids. If I lost one of them, a piece of the puzzle would be missing. They make me who I am today. Anyway, just something to think about. Give those you love a big hug and a kiss and thank God for the time he has given us to spend with them. Family is truly a blessing.

And that brings me to my photo. This is one of my favorite Delia faces. This is her fake sad face. It makes me laugh. She is a little nut.
241/365

2 comments:

BarbRiley August 29, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

Laurie, you are so right that family is the most important thing! I have thought about losing Scott before and I have no idea what I would do without him. Probably have to shave my legs again if I ever wanted to go on a second date with someone new;-) But, I have to disagree with you when you said you don't think you would be a good parent without Brent. You are a great mother and your kids are so blessed to have you as their mom! Brent or no Brent, you are a great mom and a great person! I am just glad you have Brent in your life to compliment you so well!

grandmabish August 30, 2010 at 12:55 AM  

Let's hope that you and your hubby will grow very old together. I believe that when bad things do happen, and leave us alone, we find strengths that we never knew we had. I have seen that scenerio played over and over again. I agree that family is the most important thing, and we need to be grateful for every day thay we have our loved ones with us.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP