Thursday, August 26, 2010

238/365

Today went well. I dropped the kids off at school. They both love it. Delia's teacher was telling me how Delia loved to sit down at the table and work on her art projects. She even finished Tuesday's art project and Thursday's art project on Tuesday. This is surprising to both Brent and me. Delia is all over the place at our house. Ms. Tine said that Delia was great at following instructions too. I was thinking, "My Delia???" There is only one Delia. I'm beginning to think she has Delia confused with some other kid in her class! I'm really happy that she is loving school so much though.

I had the dreaded eye appointment, which basically confirmed what I had already gathered. I have amblyopia in my right eye that first appeared 5-6 years ago, which has recently gotten worse. It is really bothersome, especially when driving or when tired or I have been reading for long periods of time, because I have double vision that is hard for me to correct. I joke about it mostly because it worries me, but most people haven't even noticed (I don't think!!). But it really bothers me because I don't want to have the wandering eye that makes people wonder which one they should be looking at! My husband and I jokingly call it my "googly" eye. The good news is that it is correctable. I'll be having a little outpatient surgery in February to ensure that my googly eye is straightened out permanently. I think the worst part of the appointment was seeing a stack of glass slides that helped the Dr. determine how bad my googliness was and then wondering if that is how thick my glasses were going to be for that eye!!! (The slides were never to determine correction for glasses, but it freaked me out for a minute to the point that I almost cried!!!). So, surgery sounded pretty good to me!

I am 26 weeks and counting today. Time to break out the maternity clothing. Looks like my belly is hanging out and in need of bigger shirts.....
238/365

5 comments:

whippetmom August 27, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

awesome self portrait! You look so cute and tiny!!

Shannon Joy August 27, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

You are so creative!! You are adorable! Glad to hear that your babies are doing well with school :).

BarbRiley August 27, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

So glad you are going to get your "googly" eye fixed! You look great! Sounds like Delia is settling in well at school.

grandmabish August 28, 2010 at 12:16 AM  

I love this one. Very creative!

Courtney August 29, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

You are so tiny!!! Glad everyone is enjoying school :O)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP