Thursday, August 19, 2010

231/365

School day! Delia almost cried today when I left her. One little boy is having a rough time adjusting and it is contagious!!! She was easily distracted and started playing with another little kiddo and was fine.

I really like Delia's teacher. I'm trying to sum her up (after only 2 days of really talking with her) and she seems really sweet, yet firm. When I picked Delia up, Delia was trying to climb up the slide and Ms. Tine (pronounced Tina) was having none of that. I feel like I spend a lot of time on discipline and I want my rules carried over at school as well. And Ms. Delia needs a little structure. I think Ms. Tine may be a good match. She is pretty easily managed, but has a little spirit about her that is very different from how Ben acted at her age.

Ben had a great day at school. First thing, he and Charlie hugged this morning. It was very cute and so sweet and genuine. Hopefully, witnessing the hug will score a few points with the teacher. They may need a few points later on. :)

I was playing around with my new lens this afternoon and scored this little jewel of a picture of Ben. What kind of face is that?? But I love it. I really wish that playset were not in the background though. Now to figure out what pictures to use for his "collage" that we need to make to put on a cowboy hat for school. Hmmmmm. The collage should be about things that Ben likes to do as well as items that he enjoys playing with. I already have a few ideas. Oh and a family picture. Good luck getting that one Ms. Sharon! And I played around with a little B&W conversion without actions today. I was inspired by a thread on CM's and decided to give it a whirl.

231/365

3 comments:

Vicki Smith August 19, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

Oh, this is SO cute! Love your B&W conversion. Are you loving your 85mm? I would love to get another prime someday! :)

grandmabish August 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

There are a lot of photos here that I have missed the last few days. ALL beautiful. I especially like this last one here of Ben. It's nice to capture regular expressions other than smiles.

Amanda August 19, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

What a great shot..I love the conversion and the expression...Atleast you have a ton of grass in your backyard ours here on base is ROCK...

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP