Tuesday, August 17, 2010

229/365

Sorry, I'm long winded and lots of pictures today. Lots of things going on...

My alarm clock, Ben, didn't get me up until 8am this morning instead of his usual 7:07 am. On the first day of school! We got there right on time, though. I left both with big smiles on their faces. They are such great kids. Have I ever said how proud I am of them? As you can see by Ben's picture, he was settled in right away and no real photo op there. He went straight to his chair (well, Hayley's chair, which Ms. Sharon said he could switch to because he wanted to sit across from Charlie) and started playing.

Delia was big smiles down the hallway to her room. Then big smiles when we arrived. I wish that I had her confidence. And I hope that she is always so confident. She is such a bright little ray of sunshine. Head strong (can be good and bad!), independent, smart, sweet, liberal with hugs and kisses and love, gentle and tough at the same time. She is the perfect recipe for a little girl. And I'm so happy she is my little girl.

229/365

229/365

Should have done a collage, but not feeling it today.

229/365

229/365

229/365

229/365

229/365

And Ben's dental appointment was changed to this afternoon. He was fantastic. He sat in the chair like a big boy. Listened to the hygienist and dentist and had his teeth counted, cleaned, and fluorided. He chose chocolate flavored toothpaste, but switched to orange flavored. I can't imagine the chocolate flavored tasting all that great??? Anyway, he made me so happy. He picked out a little blue car as his prize out of the "treasure" box, which was really a white plastic basket. Bad news though....Ben has a cavity. I promise we brush their teeth religiously. The dentist even said that it was nothing that we were doing wrong, that Ben just has deep crevices in his molars. And in my defense, the dentist's own kiddo had 3 cavities at his 1st check-up. So, if it happens to a dentist's kid, it is okay, right? I had noticed that the tooth in question gets food stuck in it a lot. I still feel like a bad mother. He is scheduled for a filling next week. I hope this doesn't make him hate going to the dentist (like I do) in the future. I have a feeling it just might.

Cleaning:
229/365

Fake smile after cleaning:
229/365

Delia also had her teeth counted and cleaned, off the record though. She opened her mouth soooo wide and let the hygienist do her thing. She has her last two molars coming in, I hear. Everything Ben does, Delia wants to do too. Including going to the dentist, and having her teeth cleaned.

229/365

More pictures to add after I get them off of the camera.

2 comments:

BarbRiley August 17, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

Abby had two cavities this last visit :-( It is so hard to get those back teeth! Great pics of the kids and I am so glad they had a wonderful first day!

Courtney August 18, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

Don't feel bad! That is my biggest fear since I haven't taken Kate yet (shhhh! don't tell anyone) I love the ones of them at school!!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP