Monday, August 16, 2010

228/365

Monday Monday. Back to the daily grind. And a new "school year" for both kids. Ben started up speech therapy today at the public school and will start his private therapy sessions on Wednesday. It has been awesome having the summer off from ST twice a week. I had actually forgotten how much planning goes around two little half hour appointments.

So, this week is a big week for us. Ben and Delia both start school on Tuesday. Delia has gone to the church nursery before, but this is her first time going consistently to a preschool setting. She will do great, but it makes me a little sad. I can't believe that she is big enough for school already. Ben has his first dental appointment on Thursday afternoon. I'm a bad mom, but at least I'm squeezing it in before he is actually 4. So, that means I'm still on time, right? Pictures to follow on Thursday!!

I did a little "Finding the Joy" homework today. I skipped to week two (I think) and took some pictures of Ben playing in his room. I love them! He is being goofy and playing and laughing. Truly who I know my little guy to be. He even cooperated and posed for me and wanted me to take his picture. That made me happy! I need to get a few finishing touches on Delia's room and I'll do her little "shoot" for week two. Need to finish her room before she moves out of it in a couple of months! And.....the ceiling guy is ordering supplies tomorrow!!! The beginning of Delia's big move to a big girl room is here! Can't wait to see the finished product! I really need to pick out paint colors and bathroom stuff...fun!

I snapped a couple of pictures outside Mount Vernon Elementary before Ben's speech appointment this morning. Still figuring out this new lens (85mm) as far as DOF and all (one eye is out of focus in the close up), but I really love it so far. Super, duper sharp for anyone considering this lens, but I think I'm the last one to get it :)
228/365

228/365

Had to come back and add this one from Ben's little shoot today. I love it when you get a picture that you feel like really captures who your kiddo is, and this one, to me, is Ben. I love this little guy more than words can describe.
20100816_Ben's Room_0023_editweb

2 comments:

Melissa Weber August 16, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

Aw. I love that last shot! Such clarity and great comp and colors. Looks like you are rocking that new lens!

Amanda August 17, 2010 at 3:59 AM  

He is a cutie...Hope getting back to the school routine goes well.

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP